Boundaries

Fairy Godmother's office

Cass's POV

"So, to simplify," Pixie says trying to make sense of this confuzzling thing, "You are only Cass's temporary guardian while Belle and Adam are our temporary guardians because Cheshire is stubborn—"

"Hey!" I snap, my head shooting up from where I was laying in Ribbon's lap, "Dad's not stubborn, he just has standards." Pixie rolls her eyes as Evie scratches my ears.

"Is there any other way we can open an account, possibly without a guardian?" Mal question for Mother Fairy to sigh.

"I'm afraid not, dear. However, I am able to notify Belle and Adam that you are in need of their assistance with this. They should be able to help you this weekend." She explains for the VKs to share glances.

"And these accounts will be safe to store money in? Like," Carlos pauses, "the bank won't just take it for themselves."

"No dear. Each account will be secured and protected under the law." She explains for another round of glances to be shared.

"That will do. Thanks Fairy Godmother." Mal says for the others to give a round of thanks as I hop off Evie's lap. I tell them I'll catch up as they head out the door. I turn back to Fairy Mother.

"I take it you would like my help setting up an account this weekend as well?" She questions as I sit.

"Mm, if you're not too busy." I shrug, "But I was actually gonna ask about the policy for redecorating dorm rooms."

"Yes, the decorating committee went a tad overboard with the pink." She folds her hands together, "What were you considering?"

"W-well, um," I stare at my hands, "I-I don't know the policy about hanging stuff on the walls or r-rearranging furniture, but um I was possibly hope- hoping that I could make it feel more like. . . like home?" I look up at her, ducking my head with my ears pinned back. I don't know why I'm nervous. She gives a soft smile.

"Well, unfortunately we don't allow for students to drill or hammer anything into the walls for fear of a plumbing issue arising,"

"What about ceilings?" I question, if that's a loophole I could use it to my advantage. She gives a tight smile.

"I highly discourage it for safety reasons. Electrical wiring, items possibly falling and breaking, items falling and injuring someone. It just creates an unsafe environment."

"Hm, well what about those like sticky hook things? Not for heavy items but for smaller things like plants or, lights or whatever?"

"Well, I suppose that is acceptable as long as it's not furniture we're hanging from them. Though I should add that we do not allow anything with graphic or violent phrasing on them."

"Understandable." I say before thanking her and leaving. I head down the stairs and out to the courtyard. I dig in my pocket for my old mp3 player and go to plug in my headphones.

"Cass!" I flinch before turning and seeing Hayden. Ugh.

"Yes, Hayden." I say as he walks up to me.

"You wanna explain Finn?" He huffs for me to take a breath. I don't want to deal with this.

"He's a boy. Tall, spiked dark hair. Plays number six in tourney. You got in a fight with him this morning." I state for him to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, and now we're both benched," He looks back at me, "but that's not what I'm talking about."

"Then what?" I question, shoving my mp3 in my pocket.

"What were you doing talking to him?"

"I was walking back from town. He approached me at a broken light. Started walking with me. We had just got back onto campus when you showed up."

"Well, why did you let him walk with you?"

"I didn't ask him to walk with me. Honestly, I didn't wanna talk to him to begin with."

"Then why didn't you just leave? You can teleport right?"

"Yes, but if I did, one, it would be seen as rude, and two, he would only come find me during school and ask me why I did it which I didn't want to deal with."

"Well, you could have just told him to leave you alone!"

"And you actually think he would have listened?" I huff before shrugging, "Besides what does it matter that I talked to him? I talk to a lot of guys."

"Oh yeah," He pauses folding his arms, "who?"

"My friends. Some teachers. A man at the bank." I list for him to scoff and avoid looking at me.

"Yeah, well, you shouldn't be talking to some of those guys. I don't think they're good to hang around." He states for me to deadpan.

"Which ones? The teachers? That's kind of mandatory. The bank man I only met today, but my friends," I glare at him, "I met them way before I met you. Are you saying I can't trust them?"

"I'm just saying some of them may be getting in the way of what we got going on."

"Oh really?" I place my hands on my hips, "How?"

"Well for starters you hang out with them more than me."

"Yeah, so?" I shrug, "You hang out with your friends more too. Nothing wrong with that."

"Well, that's different. I don't have any friends that will hit on me."

"And I do?"

"Yeah, a lot if you haven't noticed."

"Oh really? Like who?"

"Jay." He huffs for me to snort a laugh.

"Okay and?"

"And Carlos." He continues for me to wave him on.

"Allen."

"Actually, I haven't talked to him in almost a week." I chuckle, "So that one's invalid, as well as Muscles and Carlos. We're just close."

"Well, what about Doc's kid? And Dough and King Ben?"

"Doug's dating Evie, Dexter's a good friend, and King Puppyboy is not only taken but also a dog! So yeah, don't know why you're so worried."

"I just think people may get the wrong idea about you. Start thinking things that aren't true."

"They already think things that aren't true! But what goes on in their heads is none of our business. Okay? You're better off ignoring it."

"Yeah, well I can't ignore it cause my friends always bring it up to me. So, I thought to fix this, you could just come and sit with me."

"You mean sit with you at dinner tonight to clear things up?"

"No, I mean. Sit with us from now on so people don't think you're flirting with those other guys." He explains for me to blink. 

"Um, no. I mean, I'll come by and clear things up with your friends, but I'm— I'm not sitting there the whole time. I have things I need to talk to my friends about." I state remembering that I need to talk with Lonnie about Poetry and Jane about Halloween stuff.

"Oh c'mon! I'm sure you'll like them, and isn't it part of the relationship to get to know each other's friends?"

"You can't call it a relationship when we haven't even been on a date." I point out before taking a breath. "Listen, I can come by and clear things up with your friends, but I'm not staying the whole time. You can either accept that or we just leave it like it is for now. Each of us staying with our own groups."

He thinks for a moment.

"Fine, leave it." He huffs before sulking towards the dorms. I give a deep sigh. Boundaries. Boundaries are good.

Looks like Cass is following her plan for boundaries, but will Hayden respect all of them? What happens if he doesn't respect one? Will the Vks get involved? And what is Cass's plan for her dorm room now that she knows the rules? Find out next time.