Bad Hair Day

In the call room of the Library

"This should work." I say, switching the thing on. It rings for a moment before Jackson appears on the screen.

"Hey Ja-"

"Shhhhhhh!" He hushes.

"Sorry." I pause in a whisper voice but at the same volume. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I'm," He sighs cupping his cheek, "I'm hiding from my mother."

"In the closet?"

"Well-"

"Jackie-kins! Where are you my dear?" We hear Heart Queen call, her voice sickly sweet. I hide a smile as Jackie face palms.

"YOU WILL NOT BE USING FORCE OF ANY KIND ON MY SON!" Queenie screams probably at one of the guards. We then hear her head away from where Jackie is. I cackle for him to roll his eyes.

"Father has taken over bizzy-biz for the day. Therefore, Mother has been very. . . doting, unfortunately."

"Hahaha! Aw wittle Jackie-kins doesn't wanna pway with Mama?"

"Cassandra." He growls for me to giggle. 

"Sorry. Had to do it. But what's up with your hair?" I question referring to how most of his front scalp fur is standing up straight.

"Ah, I was a bit restless last night, and while I could use all different sudsies to possibly fix it. I fear a chemical spiral could occur and change this gorgeous color."

"Okay Mr, Fuzznut." I giggle, "but here's some good news, I got your packages."

"Oh, you did?" He smiles, "Did you try any on? What did you think of them?"

"I only looked at a few and I haven't tried any on. I will tomorrow when I do the first picture-snaps."

"Oh perfect! You can send me your thoughts and if you like any then you can just keep them. I know the Sanie world always seemed a bit drab to me, but now onto more important matters." He smirks for me to pin my ears back. Oh Carroll.

"Now, don't be sore at Bun-Bun. We did kind of force her to tell us. Well, Hallie did at least. Honestly, they are adorable, but anyways, Bun mentioned something about you having a romantic outing over the weekend? Spill the potion girl."

"Oh that." I glance away from the tv, frowning.

"Did it not jollyhop?"

"Not really. He just had a bunch of red banners on him."

"Oh Cassy. I'm so sorry. Boys are just the worst. Ugh, what did he do?"

"Rude to the dog we had pulling our 'sleigh'. Tried licking my ears, multiple times. Even when I told him to stop. Angered some doggos who were just looking for their ball." I look at my hands clenching them. "When they chased us up a tree, I slipped and then the tom wanted to know how and I didn't wanna talk about. . . you know. . .  so he started shaking the branch-"

"Oh Kaboo."

"I told him and then he acted like what he did wasn't a big deal. I just," I look back at the screen, "I had the jidder-fluffles all the way back to the school. He wanted to continue the date but I said no. We had a fight and ended it."

"Oh, Sweetie I'm sorry." He sighs, "But you know, it's for the best. You deserve someone much much better. Someone who understands boundaries and who isn't an absolute P-O-M-F-I-Z."

"Thanks Jackie. Hopefully this next one will go a little bit better."

"Oh, another Tom's asked you out?"