Panic and Presumptions

Previously

"Thunder turn that off!" I hiss as my eyes tear up.

"Cas-?"

"AAAAAAAAAH!"

I jump and turn to cat form catching the light fixture as my bag and books land back on the ground. I peer down at who spooked me to find the one and only Sunshine child, Scowl.

"O-oh. Scowl." I gulp trying to get my breathing under control as my eyes blur. "Y-you spooked m-me."

"Sorry, I'm good at that, but most people don't jump that high. You okay?" He questions as I rub my eyes with a leg.

"Y-yeah. Yeah." I say, jumping down. I turn back into human form as he picks up my bag.

"So, uh wh-what are y-you doing h-here?"

"Here for tours. My group dumped me." He shrugs before eyeing me. "You sure, you're okay? You look awful."

"Um," I pause and notice myself shaking. "I-I possibly need to sit down." 

"C'mon." He wraps an arm around me and helps me into the computer lab. Oh, guess I was closer than I thought. 

He helps me into a chair then says he's gonna go grab some water for me. Once he leaves, I hug myself and close my eyes. 

"You're safe. You're safe here. You're safe." I rub my arms as that stupid song begins playing again.

Just wait.
You can't hide from me. (I'm coming)
Just wait.
You can't hide from me. (I'm coming)

I open my eyes and look around the empty room. Posters of positivity plastered to the white walls. Black screens of the computers. Shelves scattered with books and pamphlets of such. I rubbed my arms feeling the peach fuzz on them as well as feeling my hair brush against the back of my neck and the fuzzy socks on my feet. I hear the low hum of the lights, and some teacher talking through the vents. I then smell the scent of cheap cologne and teen angst.

"I'm back." Scowl says as he comes over and hands me the water. I take it and slowly begin sipping it.

"Th-thanks."

"No problem." He says before a silence follows. I continue taking deep breaths until my heart decides to calm down and Rainbow and Sprinkles get Thunder off the panel and that stupid disk out of the cd player. I take a deep breath.

"I'm better." I say to Scowl rubbing my eyes and letting out a shake. "So, your group ditched you? Why?"

"Same reason as always. My bad attitude. They started it by calling me a freak."

"Why would they call you that?"

"Because of my style. Dark clothes and stuff. Said I'll never get a girlfriend looking like a villain. Their words not mine."

"Okay for one," I cough, "that's insulting to my friends. Two Mal and Evie are both in relationships, or at least Pixie is. And three, you can get a girlfriend with a dark aesthetic, many girls actually like it."

"Exactly what I said, but they don't think so. Either way I'm not interested in a relationship."

"I know what you mean. Relationships are pretty overrated." I say, my voice getting a bit of strength back.

"I'll say. So where were you heading? Before I scared you, that is."

"Um, here actually." I pause to turn on the computer. "I wanted to look up the summary of some of the movies playing in the cinema next week. One of the boys here are taking me on a date to it and asked - well told me that I should pick the movie."