Another day, Another drama

The next day

"Okay, so we have the blue sparkle dress and the white puff sleeve top, or the sparkle skirt, and the frilly top." I pause looking at my options, "Or I can go with the jeans and red one-shoulder top— but isn't it supposed to be cold?"

"Gee C, ya nervous?" Mal questions from her bed, "You been looking at all your clothes for an hour now."

"Well, I want to look good for it Pixie. I just— I don't really know what to choose." I look at the pile of clothes and accessories on my bed.

"Then why not let Evie pick your outfit? I mean she's basically our own personal designer." She says for me to scratch the back of my head.

"I was going to, but she wanted to meet up with Doug this morning and hasn't really seemed all that excited to do my makeup and stuff lately."

"Well I mean you did keep your first date a secret from her."

"Only because I didn't want her going nuts with the grooming. I mean," I fiddle with my hands, "it was just going to get messed up anyways when we went fishing and stuff, so there was really no need for it."

"Right but, you know, not telling her kinda says something."

"What? No it doesn't!"

"Kinda does, at least to her it did."

"What did it say then?"

"Well, that you don't really appreciate it when she helps you look good."

"I always appreciate her! I just don't like when she forces me to wear stuff. She knows I'm not a fan of face paint and twist hair."

"Have you actually told her that though?" She questions for me to think. I mean yeah, I've bickered with her about it each morning, and we've had a few bigger arguments when she wanted to do more but as far as actually telling her and explaining stuff. . . .

"I need to go find her." I say letting go of my tail. When did it swing around me?

Anyways I rush out of the dorm and down the stairs. She said her and Dougie would be in the science lab to test out some chemicals for soap or something.

"Please still be there. Please still be there!" I beg as I walk out the main— Oof!

I stumble back and see Victoria and her group.

"Well, well, if it isn't the cat that gets around." One of them says as I shake my head. I look at them.

"Oh. Hey, haven't seen you outside of class for a while." I state going to step around them. They block me.

"Ha ha, the little menace thinks she's funny."

"No. Not funny. Chaotic? Yes. Mad? Definitely. But funny? Meh, kinda depends on what you want in your sugar. Now if you don't mind."

"Actually I do." Victoria says stepping in front of me again. "I heard you were supposed to be going out with Hayden tomorrow."

"Not were. Am, and yes. He's taking me to dinner and a movie. You have an issue with that?"

"I do when your using him as a backup." I step back and look at her.

"A what?"

"A backup. At least that's what all the cool kids say now."

"No they don't."

"Quiet Mary Sue!" Ick Vick snaps at the brunette. Oh so that's her name.

Vick turns back to me.

"But yeah, a backup. Like when you're already going out with someone but they aren't good so you get another one without the first knowing." She explains for me to blink.