Surprises

Cass's POV

". . . It also doesn't help that she hit herself in the same spot as she did the other night. I have Mrs. Proud on her way now. She'll be here after dinner."

"Thank you Fauna." The Mother Fairy replies for me open my eyes only to immediately close them. Too bright.

"Cassandra?" Mother Fairy questions as I feel her hand on my head. I open my eyes, slowly this time.

"Mm, head wacko slammer." I mutter, as my eyes adjust and I sit up. "I where ams?"

"Your in the infirmary, dear." Fairy Mother explains, "How's your head feeling?"

"Stomp moose like on it got by a." I reply, "Crazy fixing med needs."

"Ah yes, your catnip." I nod. Wait! I look at her surprise. She knows?

"Nip about cat my know you?" I question for her to chuckle.

"Of course I know. The school had to acquire yours and the others medical paperwork to be up to date on any conditions you had, even the ones that require hourly medication." She explains handing me my purse.

"Gonna up not give make me it your, you are?" I question taking it from her and clutching it. "Responsible it be I'll with, will honest I. If take besides don't it I, spiral and could not me into things dangerous become and for insanity just."

"Now, now, clam down." She says petting me. "I understand you take it hourly and that it would be an inconvenience for you to always be coming to the nurses office every break if we confiscated it," She gives me a sharp look, "however, I need you to promise me you will only take it for your insanity. Other than that I expect you to come see Ms. Fauna for medical help."

"Will tell what if take did you happen they don't it I?" I ask, hoping the papers did. Things can go so very wrong in the later hours of no catnip. Dad always took me back to Wonderland so I wouldn't wind up hurting myself, or anyone else.

"Of course Sweetie, your veterinarian was very thorough with his notes. However we do have another matter to discuss." She says as I take it out and get a whiff.

"Right. You have a mouse problem. I can fix it, but I'll need some supplies."

"Now, Cassandra, I understand your feline nature, however there is a policy against the felines attacking the mice here." She explains for me to blink.

"Your joking." She shakes her head for me to roll over on the lumpy mat of a mattress.

"That's impossible! That's like making a rule of dogs not being allowed to eat bacon!" I whine, giving my best pouty lip.

"Cassandra," Mother Fairy pauses, "Many of the mice are friends to the humans. Some even saved a few of the students here." I sigh.

"Alright, Alright, but this won't happen overnight." I look at her.

"I know dear." She gives a reassuring smile and pets my ears back, "But I'm sure you can gain control of your instincts, with some help."

"Yes Mother Fairy." I sigh, sitting back up. She then says that she'll have Smiley bring me any homework I missed last hour before having to leave. Fauna then comes in and explains that I'll be staying here for the night. Great. . . .

Meanwhile

Mal's POV

"Geez, I think half the school is here." I say as I sit beside Lonnie.

"It's not as bad as last year." Ben shrugs looking around at the other kids. "We had about twice as many last year."

"That's because we had three spaces open instead of one." Lonnie explains before looking up from her phone, "And if you want to stay on the awkwardly decent terms with your ex, you best not keep her waiting." She nods down towards Audrey who's doing her lipstick at what could only be the officers' table.

"Alright," Ben turns to me, "Hope you enjoy the show." He heads down as I snicker.

"Which one? Audrey being dramatic or the singing?" Lonnie chuckles, tapping another song.

"What ya listening too?" I question for her to give me an earbud.

Touch me with the
Lights off and my chains on
Baby, I'm not the right one
You should wait oooooon.

"Woah." I chuckle, "I didn't know you were into this artist."

"You kidding? He's the best! I've listened to this song at least five times today and he has a new one coming out soon!"

"Sick!" I breath. The other Vks weren't much fans of the deep throaty hardcore kind of music, but I love it.

"Eh hm." We turn to see Audrey glaring at us. "If you two are done talking maybe we can start the auditions."

"Oh save your breath Audrey. We were talking about music." Lonnie huffs for Audrey to ignore her and sit back down.

"Okay, first we have-" she pauses, before making a whiny disgusted noise, "Cassandra Cat." There's a pause.

"Cass?" Ben calls before Doug bursts through the door, nearly toppling over.

"Sorry I'm late!" He calls, righting himself. "Had to greet the Physic's professor."

"That's alright Doug." Ben pauses, "By the way have you seen Cass?"

"Oh yeah. She's not gonna make it."

"Why not? Too busy shedding fur on the furniture?" Audrey questions for me to glare at her.

"No, she's in the nurse's office."

"What!?" Me and a few other kids gasped.

"Is she okay?"

"What happened?"

"It's not another Wonderland disease is it!?"

"Keep her away from me!"

"Everyone calm down!" Ben calls for the audience to obey. He turns back to Doug as Lonnie and I make it over to them.

"What happened to her?"

"She was chasing a mouse in chemistry. She jumped for it as it went into it's hole and slammed her head into the wall."

"How hard did she hit it?" I ask, knowing she should be fine if it wasn't too hard. Heck, I've seen her face plant concrete and shake it off because she was chasing a rat.

"Hard enough to have her be temporarily sane." He says for my eyes to widen, "She also passed out."

"We best go see if she's got a concussion." I tell Ben before looking to Doug, "Where are the others?"

"Evie's doing a fitting," He says before whispering, "who I hear is being very difficult. Uh, Jay and Carlos are practicing Tourney."

"Alright. Me and Mal will go check on her. You stay hear and run the music. Lonnie," He hands her his clipboard, "Take over for me."

"Can do. See ya." Lonnie calls as we head to the infirmary. Cass, you're as accident prone as a goblin.

Do people even read these? I feel like I can tell everyone "I'm gonna bold the whole next chapter for no reason" and people won't know till I actually do it.

Anyway, I haven't seen any comments about Cass's catnip in this story. . . . Yet. Just know, I do plan on showing what she is like in a 24 hour period when she doesn't take it, but that is actually a bit later down the line. (I say that, it could be sooner) Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Will Cass be okay? Did she get a concussion? Find out next time!