A Date to Remember

9:30 p.m.

Lonnie's POV

"I did! I literally wiped the floor with him!" I was saying to Evie as she got out her assortment of ribbons.

"And you're seriously thinking that's what would make it a form of weaponry?" She asks for me to nod.

"Yeah. It makes you seem like you're dancing and when they're not looking, Bam! They're tied up, on the ground. I've done it way too many times while fighting with my brother." She sighs.

"Okay. I'll see what I can do." I smile before Cass tells us that Mal's back. I look up to see her hanging upside down on the ceiling fan.

"How do you know she's back if you can't see out the door?"

"How long have you been up there!?" Evie asks, panicked.

"Half an hour now, and it's watermelon camp dear Lonner." She states. "Catch me."

She releases the fan only to come flying at me, smacking me in the face. I hear Evie snort a laugh.

"Wow, that was fun! Let's do it again!" The cat cheers.

"Cass," I chuckle before pulling her off and cradling her.

"Hey, I'm not a baby doll Lonnie." She protests squirming.

"I know, but you're just way too cute." I coo, scratching her stomach.

"Lonnie, stop it." She giggles, batting my hand away before we hear the door click.

I turn and do a double take as I see Mal coming in. Her sweater and skirt were soaked and ripped. She had moss and twigs in her hair. Her makeup was ruined, and mud was smeared on her face, but she did look happy.

"What the heck happened to you!?" Evie nearly screamed as Mal goes to her bed and practically falls on it.

"I had probably the craziest, most frustratingly funnest experience ever." She smiles as we go over.

"Okay, so what happened?" I start as Mal sits up.

"Where did you go?" Evie adds.

"Does Pupper have the leftovers?" We all look at Cass, "What? It's snack time." We chuckle.

"Well it started out okay. We went to Chef Bouche's Gourmet Outlet."

"Ooh, fancy." I pauses as I set Cass down. "I'm surprise you got in. You usually have to make a reservation a month in advance."

"Trust me it was packed. I thought all of Auradon was there." Mal chuckles, "but we snuck in through the back and managed to order drinks and appetizers. The waiter had just brought out the drinks when . . ." Me and Evie lean in.

"Interviewers spotted us." She sighed, "There must've been a million of them, just stampeding towards us, and don't even talk about the cameras. "

"So what'd you do?" Cass asks as she manages to climb into Mal's lap.

"I know when I'm out numbered, so I did the only thing I could, grabbed Ben and made a run for it."

"Where'd you go?" I ask, me and Evie both listening intently.

"I made it to the park, but I lost Ben at a fruit stand."

"Did he get eated alive by the blueberries?" Cass asks. Eaten by– oh don't try to understand it.

"No, but he did buy us some strawberries." She smiles, "he brought them to the park, and we watched the ducks splash in the pond as we ate them."