Prep and Pranks

"So let me get this straight," Mal pauses, "you met this cat yesterday, had like two conversations with him and decided it was a good idea to go on a date with him?"

"Yeah, because a first date is where you get to know them."

"Yes, but you need to have at least known them for more than a day before going out with them. It could be dangerous!"

"Oh please, Ms. Elsa's sister got engaged to a man during her second conversation with him. Compared to that, I'm playing the long game." I pause picking out a pearl necklace. Not actual pearls. Fake ones. That mother oyster scares me.

"Maybe so but you should really ask around about what he's like before actually going out with him."

"And you should really get started on the closet you rearranged before Evie comes back and goes on a rant about it." I point out turning around. She glares at me.

"Cass, I'm serious. If that cat's like any of these other boys around here-" She stops for me to raise an eyebrow.

"What? The other boys around here seem alright. With the exceptions of the Kash cousins . . . and Chad." She shakes her head.

"You know what don't worry about it. You deserve a night of fun. Go get ready."

 I smile and head for the bathroom.

"You don't need in here, do you?"

"I'm good. Just don't get water all over the counter." She says before I close the door. 

I change into cat form and jump up on the counter before taking off the pastel pink ribbon I had been wearing all day. After throwing it in the hamper, I grab a small washcloth, my fur-bush, and my detangling spray.

I turn on the sink and get the washcloth damp before washing around my eyes and ears. I know we'll be getting in the water anyways but this will help me not stink while we head there. I turn off the tap and grab my brush before spraying the detangler onto my tail, taking in the scent.

"Guess I'm gonna smell fruity for this." I say before pausing for a beat then laughing.

"Ah, well at least–"

BANG!

I jump, nearly falling off the counter. However, I manage to get a grip on the ledge of the sink and pull myself back up.  I look towards the door. Wondering if Evie was gonna start banging on it. At least that's who I'm guessing barged in. I wait for a minute focusing on my hearing.

Silence.

I slowly rise, still listening, yet hear nothing. Maybe it was something from down the hall.

I brush it out and then look in the mirror to do my underside. I then brush the fur on my face and on my head before realizing.

"I can't get my back." I pin my ears back and sigh. You wanna look good right?

"Pixie!" I call.

"Yeah?"

 "I, uh, I need some help." I admit. Mal peeks her head in and sees me. I look at my paws.

"I won't be able to brush my back." I explain for her to chuckle. She comes in and grab my brush.

"Well, I don't know how good I'll be," She grabs the spray as well, "But Evie's still out with Doug so I'm all you got."

Jemma's POV

"O. M. G! You think they are? If that's the case, they'll be the cutest couple!" Smiley squeals for me to shush her. We were in the lounge, and she had brought up the topic of how Cass had gotten a lot of attention from some of the tourney boys this afternoon. I then had to bring up this morning when I found out she had slept in Carlos and Jay's dorm, which then sent her on this idea of the De Vil and Cat dating.