Bother

"Okay. That a stamp for going to the isle and then one for dimensional travel, and lastly one to actually get it to my house." I mutter as I finish placing the stamps on the last letter. It's a good thing the post office is just a short walk from the school.

"All set?" The clerk asks as I head back up to the counter. I nod and hand over the letters before asking if there's a currency swap center somewhere in town.

"Um," She chuckles, "There's a bank down the street, second from the redlight."

"Okay, thank you." I say before leaving and heading down the road. I make it to the bank, stopping outside to grab the change pouch from my purse. I look in to see the three weeks worth of tokens my dad has sent for my allowance.

At this point you're probably asking. "Why do you need an allowance? You're not home doing chores.", and while you're right that I'm not doing chores or anything. Dad will still send me tokens for keeping my grades up.

I tighten my grip on the bag and walk in. I take in the place before a clerk calls me over. I tell them why I'm here and they direct me to the money swapper.

"Hello young one." The man says, looking like he hasn't slept in days. "I hear you're in need of an exchange?"

"Um, yes sir." I pour the token shards into my hand and give them over. He grabs one of those tiny telescope thingies that people use to examine rocks with and looks at them.

"Wonderland currency." He states for me to nod, wrapping my tail around me and combing my fingers through it.

"Hm, let's see." He mutters counting them, he then walks to a cabinet, placing them in one of the sections of the bottom drawer and pulling out some bills and such from another. He counts it out and slides me the money.

"Nine token shards each being the equivalent of fifty cents, comes out to four dollars and fifty cents." He states printing out the receipt. I take it and the money, thanking him for his time and make my way out.

"Awwww! Dad's spoiling us!" I hear Rainbow gush as I begin my journey back to the school.

"Yeah, but he shouldn't be. He needs the money more than us, what with winter coming on pretty soon." I say rounding a corner.

"I'm sure he's saved up enough by now. Besides, it's still early in the season, plenty of time to save up." Spinkles points out as the train gets on one of the older paths of memory lane.

"Right, but he'll also be saving for the holidays." I pause seeing all the Christmas-es where Dad had surprised me with something amazing. My scratching post, my favorite blanket, and art supplies just to name a few.

"Speaking of Holidays, Spooky day's coming up! What we gonna be?" Rainbow questions as the train takes a turn to the spooky part of the memory neighborhood.

"Mm, I don't know. I mean, we always go big every year, how bout we wind it back this time?" I question stopping at a light and pushing the button.

"No way! We gotta go all out this time. If we don't-"

"Hey good looking!" What the fluff!?

I whip around to see one of the boys from school. Who the heck is he!?

"Heya" He pauses running up to me as I place my hand on my spray bottle.

"Hi." I state unclipping it as he makes it to me.

"I uh, I've been meaning to, uh, talk to you." He pants combing a hand through his hair. I size him up.

"Um, sorry have we, have we met?"