Avoca-BAM

Evie's POV

"So let me see if I got this right." Jane was saying as we headed down the hall, "You're going on your date with Doug. Mal's going on her date with Ben. Me and Lonnie are going to be with the other girls to plan layouts for Saturday. Jay, Carlos, Dexter, and Allen are going to be having a guys night, and you can't leave Cass in the dorm alone because you risk coming back and finding the room covered in who knows what."

"Precisely." I pause, "Normally if they boys couldn't take her then I'd find someone else but everyone's busy, and Cass can get to be a handful at times.

"Most cats are." I jump and turn to see Jenny Foxworth.

"Sorry Evie, but most cats are a handful. I usually have to use a spray bottle on Oliver every once in a while."

"I don't think that would work with Cass. She's a bit more stubborn than most other felines."

"Eh, it's just a suggestion," She shrugs before asking if I was free last hour.

"I need some help with my French again."

"I should be free. What say meet up in the library?" I suggest for her to nod before cutting off into another hallway. I turn back to Jane.

"Anyway, my guess is that she's going to go with Mal."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because they're going to Goofy Golf. Lots of little houses and such that she can explore, she can mess with Ben by stealing his golf ball, fishing in any water they have there, and climbing up any trees. Oh, and I made those candy apples for the student council and to try."

"Candy apples?"

"Oh, I may have made them for the party planning committee. Whatever committee Jemma's on."

"That's the party planning people, but most of them are in student council too. Are they for this weekend or for Halloween?"

"Well, I don't think I could make enough for the whole school in just two nights. So, we best save them for the festival." I state before she has to run. I bid her goodbye before heading to my own class.

Lunchtime

"Tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick. . ."

"Uh why is Cass ticking at an avocado?" I ask looking at the young feline. Her head was laying on the table staring wide eyed at the fruit.

"She said it was gonna be the one to decide who she goes with tonight." Jay shrugs as I sit across from him. I look at him, hopefully.

"Are you sure you can't take her? I don't want her to get bored being a third wheel and all."

"Sorry E. Guys night is for boys, besides if you're so worried about her being bored, why not leave her with Lonnie and Jane, or even Smiley and Jemma?"

"Because they'll be busy with Saturday plans." I look at the crazed cat. "Well, I guess it won't be so bad, but she will have to be groomed before going." Cass stops ticking and lifts her head.

"What do you mean groomed? I had a bath Tuesday."

"Yes, but if you go with me, you'll need another one, we're going to a science fair and it's a formal casual event, and we must dress appropriately."

"But I'm a cat."

"Correction, a magical cat that can talk and possibly meet some very important people so it's smart to look your best." I counter for her to sigh and go back to her avocado. I turn to Jay.