Zoomsies

Cass's POV

I wake with a start. No, I didn't have a bad dream or anything, but I feel my energy surging. I look at my phone and of course get blinded. After turning the light down, I see the time.

2:00 a. m.

Great. Perfect timing.

I grab a sniff of catnip and change into cat form before jumping out of bed. I teleport outside the dorm and make a mad dash down the hall.

"Gotta zoom! Gotta zoom! Gotta zoom, zoom, zoom!" I hear Sprinkles and Rainbow chant. What are they doing up?

Anyway I spin round at the end of the hall and sprint back the way I had come. I go till I'm at the edge of the girls' dorms then turn around again.

"C'mon energy, run out. I got a big day tomorrow." I think as continue sprinting.

"You think you've got a big day? We have a big day!" Sprinkles claims, jumping on her banana soap bed.

"Yeah, we have to find a playlist to use as background music during your Wonderland Poetry class." Rainbow adds for me to roll my eyes as I keep sprinting. 

"Do you really need to? I mean it's only gonna be a distraction." I point out as I make another u turn.

"You already know all the poems by heart. What's the point of taking a class when you already know everything about the subject?" Sprinkles asks for me to sigh, befor spotting someone. Is that Lonnie?

I slide to a halt and sit in front of her.

"Cass?" She whispers for me to pin my ears back.

"Yeah?"

"What in the name of the ancestors are you doing!?" She wisper screams.

"Zoomsies."

"Zoomsies?" She pauses, "Zoomsies!? What on earth is zoomsies!?"

"It's were I, or another quad-rue-pet, get a sudden bath bomb of energy and we have to run, run, run, run, run, to get rid of it." I explain, running in circles to prove my point, "Usually the bath bomb comes from the mango zest of life."

"Well, does your zest have to come to you at two o'clock in the morning!?"

"Zest can't tell time, and neither can most cats." She face palms and takes a deep breath.

"Well couldn't you hold the energy till at least sunrise? If anyone complains to Fairy Godmother, you'll be in trouble."

"Sorry, but it has to be don–" I stop as I feel it. A gentle breeze with a scent of salt, my nose twitches as my eyes widened and my tail flicked. All my energy drains, my emotions erased, Sprinkles and Rainbow have dived under the flashlight covers on the cacti bed. Everything is quiet.

"They know." I whisper.

"What?" Lonnie asks for me to climb up to her shoulder.

"They know." I repeat, "The clouds. They've heard of our plans. They know."

"Cass, what are you talking about?" She asks for me to clutch her face.

"We have to call off our plan for Ben."

"Wha? Why?" I let go of her face and get down.

"Because the clouds know, and when they know, all mill-dumplings will break loose! We have to push Ben's date proposal to Mal to Friday."

"Cass, you're not making sense. The weather bug says tomorrow's supposed to be clear." She argues. Wait, weather bug?

"Wait, you have a bug that controls the weather?" I ask, "What kind is it!? A strippey buzzer? A hopper one? A long leaf crawler? A light clinger? Ooh, or is it-"