40

Ugh...

Another day in hell.

At the small chirp of your alarm you painfully push your body out of the mess of comforter and sheets to the bright sun shining through your window, the crunchy leaves on the trees reflecting the sun straight into your room.

The sun is so deceiving, it looks nice and warm outside but I know it's cold as hell.

Quickly slicking your long dark hair into a high ponytail with your usual makeup routine you swing open the doors of your closet, your arms tugging down the big flannel hanging loosely over the backs of your thighs.

Let's see, which outfit will get me the stares everyone thinks I'm asking for.

Deciding on some tan trousers with a plain turtleneck and lock coat you tug all your clothes on and throw your backpack on your shoulders before thumping down the creaky staircase, your body turning the corner to the kitchen where the chef awaits you with your usual granola bar.

"Here's this, and here is your lunch."

"....You don't usually pack me lunches."

"Your mother instructed me to pack you lunch at least twice a week Miss Y/N."

...but she hasn't had to do that in a couple years....

"Alright then...what's in it?"

"A nice veggie wrap with some chips."

"Okay..thanks..."

Frowning to yourself and taking off outside the door a small burst of excitement hits your body when you see Taehyung standing at the bus stop, his tousled dark locks fluttering against the neck of his new coat in the autumn wind.

He really likes that coat...I'm so glad...

Making sure to walk at an angle Taehyung will be able to see you in this time you're lightly shocked when you see no mask pulled over his face, only a small boxy smile awaiting you for your arrival.

He isn't hiding his face anymore...

That makes me so happy...

"Goodmorning Y/N."

"Goodmorning Tae."

Holding up your board with your response and flashing Taehyung your best smile you notice his teddy bear brown eyes swirling with sadness, his grin barely reaching its highest point.

He must still be sad about his mom leaving...I bet he misses her so much...

Before you can respond the two of you turn your attention to the beat up yellow bus pulling up in front of you as you adjust your bag and get on, a small hint of anxiety pinching at your system.

I wonder what will happen at school today...

I'm running on thin ice as it is...but if they pick on Taehyung I can't help but to fight back.

Sitting your body beside the young boy and leaning your head back against the seat you notice Taehyung softly playing with the button on his coat, his teeth nibbling nervously at his bottom lip.

I think he's having the same thoughts I am...

I bet he's even more nervous though...he's the one that gets picked on the most...

Bumping his shoulder with yours playfully and giving him your best comforting smile Taehyung's gaze softens when he stares at you, the odd emotions in his eyes causing your heart to constrict in your chest.