5

"Hey Honey! How was the school? Did you like it?"

"Definitely."

"I'll act like that wasn't sarcasm. Your father has been working hard on your bedroom while you've been gone! He's so excited to show you!"

"Let me guess, expensive carpet, expensive walls, and a bunch of shit I can't mess with?"

"...Y/N..."

"Whatever I don't even care anymore."

Walking past your mother to get into the house you stop when you see the curtains on the other house shift and swish back and forth, your hands lightly rubbing the sides of your leggings.

"Does anyone live next door?"

"Hmm? Yeah this was the only house available for purchase, there's another family that lives down the road doing the same thing we are! Isn't that fun?"

Hmm..odd.

"You know honey, I saw some adorable boutiques in town, if you would like I could take to some of those and get you some new clothes-"

"I already have clothes. I don't want anything."

I'll be damned if I'm going to end up dressed like that Bom chick.

Before your mother can come up with another horrible idea of how to spend the rest of your day you quickly get into the house and up the stairs where your father stands in the doorway, his giddy smile slightly lightening your sour mood.

"Honey! We got your room and bathroom finished first! I know the last house you weren't comfortable with the light carpet so this time I gave you nice wooden flooring!"

"Wait...really?"

"Mhm! Check it out!"

Quickly walking past your father and into your room you let out a soft gasp when you see brand new shiny wood laid all over the floor with a darker gray colored walls, the white iron bed set against the wall with your mattress and bedding decorating it.

He...actually listened to me...

"Do you like it?"

"Um...yeah...actually....it isn't bad..."

"Great. If someone around your age is part of the family buying this house then would you say they would possibly fight for it?"

Aaaand there it is.

"....Yeah dad. Sure. If I were a preppy teenager I would be clawing the walls off to get this house."

"Great! That's my girl! I put your boxes in the corner over there, the moving truck came while you were gone. Try not to scratch the new paint."

"Wouldn't even attempt it."

After your father exits your room and shuts the door you drop your boots onto the wooden floor and plop down beside your boxes, your forehead resting against the cool cardboard.

So he listened to me...only because he wants to sell the house better.

Oh well...I guess I can just take this on the chin and enjoy the fact he even listened to me.

"Oh?"

Quickly pulling your buzzing phone out of your pocket and grinning happily at the screen you push your body into the corner of the room and answer it, your boyfriends sleepy voice sending your heart into a fit.

"Hey pretty girl."

"JinWoo! I didn't know you were going to call."

"I had some time before work so I set an alarm so I would wake up and get to talk to you for a little bit...how's the new town?"

"It's horrible. It's like I'm stuck in a cheesy teen movie. Everyone here dresses in tutus and weird shit."

"Ooo...that's rough baby...I'm so sorry."

"Eh it's alright...I'll get the schooling over with so I can come back up there with you."

"I know...I already miss you, school is shit without you there."

"Are you still gonna come visit me?...."

"Of course baby. I'm not going to leave you abandoned in a shit town full of tutu wearers. What kind of boyfriend would I be."

Giggling softly and pulling your knees to your chest you take a deep breath and listen to the steady sound of his breathing, your fingers moving down to play with the edge of your socks.

"I'm falling back asleep beautiful...I'll talk to you in a few days okay?...I love you much..."

"I love you too JinWoo...get good sleep...don't work too hard..."

"I have to work too hard baby, I gotta get a good job so I can get you and I that apartment we were looking at."

Grinning to yourself and letting out a small chuckle you stand up and walk over to the bay window, your body plopping down on the soft cushion and looking out at the sun beginning to set behind the trees.

"Don't be stupid. You know we can't afford somewhere like that just starting out."

"I'll afford it for you baby, I promise."

"Alright fine, but I'll hold you to it then. I love you JinWoo."

"I love you to baby...."

Hanging up the phone and heaving a deep sigh you walk over to your boxes and rip open the top one to pull out your soft lion plushie and thick red scarf, your chest tight with pain thinking of JinWoo.

He's all the way in the city working overnights and going to school so he can buy us an apartment...

And I'm stuck here in the middle of nowhere with my mother wanting me to help her pick out carpet colors.

Tugging out all of your clothes and hanging them up in the closet with a sliding mirrored door you slide your hands down your long black coat and rub the back of your neck, your hands throwing your collection of expensive boots on the floor of the closet.

All these nice things, yet why don't I feel thankful about any of it?

Maybe I'm just a spoiled brat like everyone else.

Throwing yourself on your bed and pulling your lion plushie close to your chest you gaze out your window through your new white curtains and see the light back on at the house next to yours, curiosity beginning to try to get the best of you.

I wonder if anyone I go to school with lives there.

I know for a fact it isn't that Bom chick.

I highly doubt anyone here is normal in the least bit...but...it would be nice...

Maybe I could at least make an acquaintance to get me through this year of hell.

(A/N): Omg I promise this is going to start up I'm so sorry it's boring.

Also the header photo is the closest possible I could find to how Y/N's room would look like except for the fact the bed is more like a daybed style 😂