59

(Taehyung's POV)

I get a teacher...that is going to teach me how to speak..

Taking a bite of his oatmeal and casting his eyes over to the girl sitting beside him chatting with his mother Taehyung feels his lips pushing up into a grin, his free hand traveling up to touch his lips.

Maybe one day..that teacher can teach me how to actually speak...so I can talk to Y/N...and yell at those bullies at school when they try to hurt her...

Although...I won't be able to compare...to her boyfriend that she has...I bet he can hear...and speak clearly...

I'm jealous that he gets to hear her voice...and laugh with her...he doesn't know how lucky he is to be able to hear her....I bet he takes it for granted...

Finishing his last bite of oatmeal Taehyung looks down at his fingers resting so close to Y/N's dainty hand, his eyes turning down in a somber expression before tugging his hand down into his lap.

Her hands are so soft and pretty...I can still feel the tingly feeling I had when she grabbed my hand that day...

I wish I could be more to Y/N...

I wish I could be a real man and not have gotten sick as a little boy...if I had never gotten sick then I would still be able to hear and speak...

But instead...I'm trapped inside of my head...my thoughts are my only real way of speaking out loud...and no one can hear them...

Swallowing hard and keeping his gaze to his lap he snaps his head up when his mother taps the table, the vibration off the wood getting the boy's attention.

"Why don't you walk Y/N out while I clear the table."

Oh-

Right, I have to be a respectful host.

Especially when it's a pretty girl...

Pushing himself up from the dinner table and walking behind Y/N who shyly makes her way to the door Taehyung simply smiles at her form, his heart swelling with warmth when she turns around and gazes up at him with her round eyes.

"Thank you for inviting me to dinner Tae."

Mama told her!

I told her not to tell her!

"You are welcome Y/N, I'm happy you came over."

"I'll see you tomorrow at school."

"Okay. Goodnight."

After shutting the door when Y/N walks out Taehyung watches her walk to her house until she is in safely, his fingers quickly writing on his board when he returns to the kitchen.

"Mama! You weren't supposed to tell Y/N I was the one that wanted her to come to dinner!"

Puffing his lip out in a pout when his mother gives him a playful grin she dries her hands and picks up her paper tablet, her thin fingers gently moving across the empty page.

"She's very pretty."

Oh-

Widening his eyes as a heavy blush overtakes his entire face Taehyung let's out a small whine, his tongue pushing out of his mouth focusing on writing his words.

"Mama!"

"It's true, she seems very genuine too."

"She has a boyfriend mama..."

"That doesn't mean things won't turn around. I wouldn't be too upset son, right now just focus on learning from your teacher."

"I will! I want to learn a lot so I can talk to Y/N more without my board."

"Just make sure to pay attention and not get too frustrated. Stay respectful."

"Yes ma'am."

"Now, I will deal with this dinner mess, you go relax son. I don't want you stressing your eye out too much."

Right...I hurt my eye...

I hope Y/N doesn't think I'm weird because of it...

Carrying his board with him and scampering up the old wooden staircase Taehyung steps into his room now completely covered in art supplies, his eyes peering over to Y/N's empty dark window.

She isn't up in her room yet...

Don't seem desperate Taehyung!

You don't want Y/N to not be comfortable around you...

Settling down on the cushion in his bay window and setting his board down Taehyung picks up his small sketchbook and opens it up, his eyes tracing over the dainty lines drawn on the page.

Mama said for me not to worry too much...I wonder what she meant by that?

She called Y/N pretty though...which means she's accepting of her...

Things couldn't be any better than that!

Happily kicking his feet in the air and pulling the coat Y/N have to him over his exposed legs poking out of his shorts Taehyung stares out at the dark window beside him, his eyes flicking over to the vibrantly colored leaves peeling off of the trees surrounding the homes.

Halloween is coming up soon...

I wonder if I'll be able to go this year and do something...or maybe mama will bring pumpkins home again and we can make seeds and carve our pumpkins...

Maybe I'll invite Y/N to carve a pumpkin with me!

Oh...does she like Halloween I wonder?

Widening his eyes and scampering away from the window as soon as he sees Y/N's light flick on Taehyung peeks around the corner of the wall, his heart gently falling when he sees her lightly smiling at her phone screen.

Oh...that must be her boyfriend...

I've seen her on the phone a bunch before...I guess it has always been that guy...

Throwing himself onto his mattress covered in tiny holes and heaving a deep sigh Taehyung burrows his bruised face into his pillow, his lips pushing down into a tender pout.

I wonder if that boyfriend of hers is rich like Y/N is...

Maybe that's why she wouldn't want me as a boyfriend...my poor mama is poor...and I don't help considering I can't get a job of some kind...as if they would let me though...

This place isn't a very nice place to be in...

Especially for a heart as pretty as Y/N's...

(A/N): A cute lil update for you all 💜 I hope you enjoy! :3