67

[ Two Weeks Later ]

Ugh...these calls are getting more exhausting by the day....

Sitting on the newly refurbished stairs of your house clad in your oversized denim jacket and loose jeans you shove your phone back into your pocket and stare out at the creaky wooden door, your boots tapping against the plush carpet.

I don't know what to do about JinWoo...my time is being ran so thin right now with learning the signing for Tae...but that's what I have to be focused on right now...

Standing up from your sitting position and peering out the window over to Tae's house your lips curl into a warm smile when you see his mom outside tending to the small garden outside, your feet quickly carrying you outside out into the crunchy leaves scattered across your porch.

"Hi Ms. Kim!"

"Ah, Hello Y/N. What brings you by?"

"I was bored sitting in my house so I thought it would come see you for a bit."

Be brave Y/N.

Be brave!

"I hardly doubt you've come outside to see this old woman garden, what do you need?"

She sees right through me.

"S-So...I had a question regarding Taehyung...a-and you if you were interested..."

"Mmm. What's that?"

Be brave Y/N!

Just ask her!

"S-So my parents...have this credit card that they give me and they refill it every month with...I won't say how much money because it's kind of embarrassing...but I have the entire month to use it for shopping or school and whatnot...m-mostly shopping...and I was wondering...if it would be okay if I let Tae use some of the money on the card to buy him some clothes and shoes and stuff...I-It would be a gift! If the money isn't used then the bank just claims it...and I have more than enough clothes and stuff like that..."

Biting the inside of your lip when you see the woman slow down from pulling weeds she lets out a gentle sigh, her eyes cutting up to you and freezing you in your position.

"....Why do you want to give him that."

"W-Well...h-he's my friend...I-I promise Ms. Kim it really is a gift! I know that you can provide for Tae...but I can't use the money...a-and if you wanted something then I could get you something too..."

"....It's true though that I can't provide those things for Taehyung."

Avoiding her gazes and guiltily stepping back you shift uncomfortably in your position, your heart sinking down to your stomach at the sadness threaded in the woman's tone.

Damnit, I knew I was going to offend her.

"Ms. Kim...I-I mean no offense-"

"I know you don't Y/N, that has been made clear that you mean no offense. I know you just want Taehyung to have confidence as well and it's true that I cannot buy him clothes and shoes like some parents can. I don't need anything, but I guess I'll allow it."