35

"Thank you so much for the meal Mrs. Kim...I really appreciate you allowing me to come in....are you sure you don't want me to stay to help do the dishes?..."

"It's no matter Y/N. Thank you for the wonderful meal."

When the woman walks away from the door leaving only you and Taehyung, his round brown eyes gazing at you sadly.

Aww...

"Thank you for coming over Y/N, it was fun eating with you."

Tugging your board out of your bag and quickly jotting your words down you give Taehyung your best smile, your eyes masking the feeling of loneliness slowly creeping up your spine.

"Thank you for letting me in! I had a lot of fun too."

My first meal with a family...how wonderful...

"I will see you tomorrow then Y/N. Good night."

"Goodnight Tae."

Turning on your heels and slowly descending down the old wooden staircase you wiggle your shoulders at the cold air cutting through your sweater and quickly jog over to your own house, your eyes peeking back one last time at the warm orange glow coming from Tae's windows.

It must be nice....to have a family...

The second you step into your house and throw your combat boots off of your feet you stalk up to your room slowly and tug your phone out of your pocket, your eyes widening when you see a long line of missed calls on your screen.

What the-

All of these are from JinWoo?!

He never calls me this much.

....Is he okay?!

Quickly pressing the dial button and sprinting into your room to your bed your entire chest clutches with anxiety, your mind racing every which way possible.

I hope he's okay.

Please answer JinWoo!

Please!

"Ah! Y/N finally!"

"JinWoo! Is everything okay?! Are you alright?!"

"...Yeah?"

Wha-

"I...I saw how many times you called...I figured something was wrong?"

"No I thought something was wrong with you! You usually always answer your phone and I thought about those bullies and I was so worried."

"Oh...JinWoo I'm sorry...I was having dinner with a friend..."

Settling down into your bean bag chair and watching JinWoo's concerned features slowly relax he lays down in his bed and sighs, his full almond eyes sparkling with admiration.

"Aish. I can't stay mad at you. It's alright Baby, I'm sorry I called so many times. What friend? Is it the one you said was getting bullied too?"

"Yeah! I went over to his house with his Mom and brought them some Japchae."

"Oooo Japchae? Going fancy I see?"

"Nah, not really."

"Are you eating well too Baby?"

Feeling your cheeks flush a deep shade of red and silently nodding you pull your knees up to your chest, your heart skipping a beat at his sudden serious expression.

"Promise?"

"I promise JinWoo, I even had some oatmeal today."

"Oatmeal? What kind?"

"Strawberry."

"Aigoo are you torturing me now? You know that's my favorite."

"Maybe I am."

Giggling into your empty room and burrowing your head into your chair you feel yourself slowly gazing over to Taehyung's empty window coated in darkness, your heart slowly sinking to your stomach at his absence.

It was fun being over at his house....

"Baby? Are you okay?"

"Hmm? A-Ah yeah! Sorry..."

I'm distracted today...I need to get ahold of myself...

Trying hard to keep your focus on your boyfriend staring at you with tired eyes your head quickly turns when you see a yellow light illuminate from Taehyung's room, his round teddy bear eyes locking on you with a happy wave.

Tae!

He's in his room!

"Baby...why do you keep looking over there? Are you sure everything is alright?"

Shit.

"Uh Y-Yeah! Sorry JinWoo...there's so many animals out here...it's easy to get distracted..."

"It's okay, I think you're cute when you get distracted."

"Is work going okay?"

"Yeah....my boss in on my case for working so many hours...he wants me to cut back but if I do that it'll take even longer to get our apartment..."

Awww...he's working himself to a bone...

"If you want...I...I can get a job and-"

"Baby come on let's not do this."

"JinWoo it's our future together I don't see a problem with me getting a job too, if we both work hard then we can get there even quicker-"

"Baby stop it. I'm serious. I want to be able to provide for you. I'm months away from us being able to start our lives together and I don't want you to lift a finger. I want you to focus on your school and wait patiently for me."

...but I want to work with you....

"....Fine..."

Pushing your lip out in a playful pout and giggling along with JimWoo's tired chuckle you very slowly make your way over to the window where the boy holds his board up, his nose scrunching up with a happy grin when he sees your form.

"Y/N! Hello!"

He's so cute....

"Do you have homework or anything tonight?"

Feeling a slight agitation at JinWoo still staring at you from your phone screen you quickly not and grin at him, your toes wiggling against your carpet trying to hide your frustration.

"Yeah...I actually have hours of if..."

"Well then you get to work baby, I'm going to go to sleep so I'm not absolutely exhausted tomorrow."

One thing more important to JinWoo, schoolwork.

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow then."

"Alright Darling, I love you so much. Think of me in your dreams."

"Thank of me in yours, I love you JinWoo."

Slowly hanging up the phone and pressing the screen against your chest you feel your lips fall into a guilty frown, your wide eyes shifting yo gaze up at the boy across from your window giggling happily at his board.

What...was that....

I've always looked forward to JinWoo's video calls...he's the best thing that ever happened to me...

But when Tae came to his window...I suddenly...got distracted...

Hmm....who knows...

Maybe I'm just tired or something...

I won't think too much about it.

(A/N): It is a struggle to write this story