68

"Oh...Ms. Kim?"

"Yes?"

Swallowing hard and avoiding Tae's glittering eyes staring down at you your hands nervously link together in front of your body, your knees shaking in your tight jeans.

"Is it okay if Tae comes over to my house?"

I did it.

I said it!

I actually asked it!

Your confidence quickly fades away when you see the look shining in her sharp eyes when she looks over at you, your knees threatening to give out under her stony ice cold glare.

"Why would he come to your house?"

"...Uh...um...I...I don't know...M-My laptop is over at my house...it has the credit card information..."

"As much as I love my son having you as a friend Y/N, I would hope your intentions aren't inappropriate."

"N-No Ma'am! I-I swear! I-I have a boyfriend...I w-wouldn't d-do that..."

Giving you a small grin before returning to her garden Taehyung curiously looks at your beet red cheeks while nudging your shoulder with his, his square happy smile causing your cheeks flare up an even deeper shade of red.

"I don't mind if Taehyung goes into your home. However remember, the flower that is watered and taken care of, is the one that will bloom the biggest, and most vibrant."

....huh?

"What?..."

"Nothing, I have to get to work now."

Stepping back away from Tae you watch his mother move in and pull him into a deep hug, your heart flaring in a light jealousy as you cast your eyes to the ground.

I wonder what that feels like...to be hugged by your mother...and it not be for a magazine...

When the woman grabs out her keys and heads towards their beat up car you look up at Tae who gives her a longing stare before turning to you, your heart breaking when you see the tears welling in his eyes.

I'm sure he misses her so much...

"Tae, your mom said you could come over to my house if you would like."

The second Tae finishes reading the sentence written on the board his entire expression lights up, his hands nervously shoving in the pockets of his worn down pants before he grabs his own board off the porch while writing as fast as his fingers will move.

"Really?! Do you mean that?! She actually said yes?!"

"Yep, she did! It's up to you though, you don't have to come over if you don't want to."

Letting out an involuntary squeak Tae hugs his board close to his chest before giving you the widest smile you've ever seen, his fingers writing so quickly you can barely make out what he's saying.

"Of course I want to come over!"

"Okay then, come on."

I can't believe his mom actually said yes....

Walking across the yard with Taehyung right at your side you shyly clutch your board in front of your hands when you get to the top of the stairs, your eyes slowly moving up to gaze at the happy boy beside you.

Gosh now I'm nervous about him being in my house.

I've never had a boy in my room before...JinWoo never came over I always went to his house because his family was there...

When you pop open the front door and walk inside of the house you kick off your shoes and wait for Tae to do the same thing, his hands pulling off his coat and hanging it on the coat hanger beside the door.

He's so cute...

Awkwardly giving the boy a smile he follows closely behind you as you quietly make your way up the large staircase towards your room, his eyes lighting up when you open your door and the two of you step into your room.

Thank god I cleaned yesterday.

"This is it..."

Holding your board up and blushing when Tae gives you another grin his eyes linger on your bay window that has a perfect view into his own room, his eyes swirling with emotions before moving his attention back to you.

Oh lord.

Why am I blushing so hard?!

I feel so awkward.

I don't know what to do.

Going over to your bed and grabbing your laptop you sit down in your bean bag chair while Tae takes a seat on the floor beside it, a small giggle escaping from his lips when you look over at him.

It's so odd, it's like we're talking without even using our boards.

Typing away on your computer and pulling up a clothing website Tae gives you an odd expression when you grab your board, his doe eyes peeking over your shoulder as your fingers move fluidly against the smooth surface with your marker.

"I have some money left on a credit card my parents gave me that's going to go to waste, so I asked your mom if you could come over and pick out some new clothes."

Staring at the young boy whose eyes weigh down in a light sadness he gives you a gentle nod, his expression causing a bit of guilt to swell in your nervous chest.

Oh gosh..I hope I didn't make him feel bad by doing this...I don't want him to feel less because I'm getting him clothes..

Oh!

I know!

"Consider it an early Christmas present! I know it's just now going to be Halloween but still..."

When Tae finished reading the board a warm grin creeps along his lips as he nods and lays his head down on your bean bag beside your arm, your cheeks warming into another gently blush before you start scrolling down through the mens clothing on your computer.

Gosh...whenever Tae looks at me like that my heart goes wild...

I hope he doesn't notice me blushing.

"Mmm."

Looking over at the boy when you click on another long coat he gently reaches out and points at it with his finger, his large doe eyes staring up at you as you give him a nod.

Interesting choice, he must really like the coats.

I hope he picks out a lot of clothes...at least if he goes to school dressed in some new stuff he can be nice and warm...

Hopefully we can spend this entire card so my parents will quit nagging me about spending it.

(A/N): Awkward chapter but really needed 🤔🤔🤔🤔