13

(Taehyung's POV)

"Do you wanna be friends?"

O-Oh....

She...

Wait...

Am I reading that correctly?...

Staring at the piece of paper stuck against the window from the girl next door Taehyung feels his entire chest begin to buzz with electricity, the palms of his hands forming a thin film of sweat.

Does she really want to be friends?...

Lifting his eyes up to look at her warm gaze she sends him the boy gives the girl a small nod and watches her smile reach across her beautiful cheeks and her teeth clasp her full lip between them, her hand working fast to write more words on the notebook.

"My name is Y/N by the way, I never got the chance to tell you before my dad interrupted."

Y/N....

What a beautiful name...

I wonder what it sounds like....

Tracing his fingers up to his ears Taehyung shyly presses against them and casts his gaze down to his ratty window cushion, the erratic beating of his heart causing nausea to clutch at his hungry stomach from lack of food.

Ah...I'm so hungry...

I don't like this feeling...I don't feel good...

I want to talk back to her...

If I just had some paper...Eomma doesn't have enough money to buy me another one yet...

How...

Placing his hands against the cool glass of his window Taehyung moves his face against it and opens his mouth wide to fan his breath to create fog, his fingers moving slowly to create words big enough for Y/N to see.

"What a pretty name."

Shock and awe immediately touches Y/N's delicate features when she reads Taehyung's words and she immediately ditches the notebook in her hands and moves to her knees to repeat his actions, her delicate fingers gliding against the fogged up glass.

"What a great idea! This doesn't waste any paper!"

"Haha...yeah..."

"So...how long have you gone to this school?"

"Um...I've never been to a different school before...I've always been at this one."

When Y/N reads Taehyung's window he watches a somber expression clutch her beautiful features and her full lips push into a pout, her face causing Taehyung's heart to lightly constrict with strange emotions.

"So...they've always been this mean to you?.."

"Yeah...I guess so.."

"Do you know sign language by any chance?"

Sign language?

...What's that?

"What is sign language?"

The second Y/N's eyes widen in shock embarrassment clutches Taehyung's face and his cheeks erupt in a hot blush, his heart rate skyrocketing even higher when she quickly moves her fingers against the glass.

"Wait you don't know sign language?! That's how people who can't hear learn how to speak!"

....People who can't hear can learn how to speak?