49

(Y/N's POV)

Ugh...

My head...

Slowly peeling your sticky eyes open and uncurling yourself from your bean bag chair you flick your eyes up at the sun gently gleaming through your window, the glow warming your exposed leg stretched out in your floor.

Ah...it's Saturday...Thank god...

I'm not sure I can take much more right now...

I need some space in between me and that horrific place...

Pushing yourself up out of the chair and letting out a soft groan you hesitantly gaze over at your window, your heart dropping when you see the room across from you completely empty and dark.

I guess Tae's mom must have made him stay downstairs so he doesn't talk to me...

I don't blame her though...

I wouldn't want my son around me either.

Tightening your hands into fists and shaking the thoughts out of your mind you make your way softly down the stairs to the kitchen, your body freezing when you see the chef standing in front of the counter with a single bowl in front of her.

Oh shit.

"Glad to see you awake Miss Y/N. Care to explain?"

"I fell asleep."

"You know that you're supposed to do nothing before eating the meals I prepared for you."

"I....I fell asleep that's all. I didn't mean to not eat it."

"I have specific instructions from your parents to make sure you eat these meals. You know I'm going to have to call them now."

"No! I swear I didn't skip it on purpose I just came home and fell asleep!"

Fueled by newfound desperation you stare at the sealed bowl and the chef standing with her arms folded in front of her chest, her eyes filled with pity and slight agitation.

"If I don't alert them then I'll be the one getting in trouble. I have no choice. Bring me your bag."

...my bag?

Shit!

The granola bar!

I didn't give it to Tae!

"I-I'll eat the food now! I'll eat it right now! I promise! Please just don't call them!"

"Bring me your bag Miss Y/N."

Swallowing hard and gripping the bottom of your skirt into a ball you step over to your backpack at the bottom of the stairs, your foot kicking it hard towards the chef.

"There. Look through it if you want. The granola bar is still in there."

"So you didn't eat at all yesterday?"

You wouldn't believe me even if I did eat lunch.

"No."

"I understand this move was hard for you, so I'll try to level with your parents. However I have no choice but to call them. I'm sorry Miss Y/N. I'm under-"

"Strict instructions you don't have to keep reminding me every damn time you open your mouth."

"Miss-"

"I'm done talking. Tell them whatever the hell you want. This is all bullshit anyway."

"Your parents only want the best for you, they're just trying to make sure that you're okay-"

"They don't want the best for me! They want to shove me in some fucking hellhole and expect me to survive while they go traipse around and enjoy their lives! I didn't even want to move to this shithole! Why can't any of you understand that?! Why?! Why?! WHY?!"

Grabbing the shut bowl of stew from the counter and throwing it as hard as you can against the wall you watch the soup explode all over the wall and splatter onto the floor, your eyes avoiding the shocked gaze coming from the chef now backed away with her hands over her mouth.

"....I'll clean that up. I'm sorry."

With your cheeks now flared up in a blush of embarrassment you quietly pad over to the counter and grab the roll of paper towels, the room falling into an awkward silence as you drop to your knees and begin wiping up the stew.

"...Miss Y/N-"

"Just go."

You can hear the woman's feet pattering away from you and shutting the front door as you heave a deep sigh and drop your head, your hand balling the soggy paper towel into your fist.

It's been a long time since I've done that.

Slowly wiping the stew off of the floor and throwing away all of the soggy towels you set the bowl down into the sink and begin rinsing it out as you blankly stare out the window at the leaves falling from the trees in the forest, your mind spacing out and voiding your face of any emotion.

Ah...I remember these feelings....

It's been a long time, my old friend.

I won't say I'm happy to feel you again.

I just want everything to feel okay like they did before...like they did before I moved here...

...no...that's not it...

I want things to feel like they did yesterday morning...when I saw Tae extending his hand out to me...the feeling I got when I saw how his eyes gaze at me...the feeling when he smiles...and my whole grey world lights up with color...

Dropping your eyes down to the soapy bowl in your hands you close your eyes and grit your teeth as hard as you possibly can, your jaw shivering from the pressure and your pulse thumping in your ears.

That fucking WooMin.

I'm going to kill him.

Because of him now I'm going to have to deal with my parents.

He's going to pay for this.

He's going to pay for all of this.

Snapping your eyes open your entire face suddenly drops when you see big brown eyes peeking over your window, Tae's nose resting against the window pane with his board presses against the glass.

"Y/N! Wanna come outside?"

....Tae....

...You're still talking to me?....

.......You're....still my friend?....

Widening your eyes in shock you quickly shut off the sink water and dry your hands, your cheeks lifting your lips up into a light smile breaking up the loathing thoughts in your mind as you give the boy a happy nod.

....this feeling...this one right here...

This is what I want life to feel like....this is what I want my days filled with....

(A/N): Me 🤝 Deep character backgrounds