1

-Silence is both a blessing and a curse, but given the correct form, can be the true Yin and Yang of inner peace-

::::...................................................::::
::::..............................::::
::::..............::::

"Y/N-ah I promise you you're going to love this new school of yours! They're all about sports and I've read the reviews online about how it's very student oriented!"

...It's a high school, it's supposed to be student oriented.

Keeping your combat boots on the back of your mother's car seat you watch her perfect red lips press into a thin line at your lack of response, her thickly lashed eyes flicking over to your father.

"Dear, why don't you say something?"

"Ah yeah- uh- well the house here needs some fixing up so thankfully you'll be able to do your senior year here in this town! Trust me this place will be an absolute dollhouse when I'm done with it. My team is on it-"

"So we get to live in another piece of shit?"

"Y/N! Language!"

"I don't understand why I couldn't have just stayed with Aunt Eri so I could at least stay in a school longer than a year. I actually had friends."

"Oh right those misfits that hide under the bleachers? Even your aunt suggested we take you with us. Plus it's always nice to expand your horizons! You never know who you're going to meet in a new town!"

Bullshit.

"Uh huh. Right."

"Don't be a stick in the mud honey, the reason you're strapped in those nice clothes of yours is because of my house flipping business."

"Didn't ask to be strapped in nice clothes."

"And I didn't ask for your attitude so pipe down."

You're the ones that tried to get me to be excited about living in another hellhole and being stuck around prissy small town bitches.

Leaning your head against the window to watch the endless lines of trees pass you by before the car crests a hill and just as you expected, many small buildings are revealed in the distance causing your lip to curl up in heavy disgust.

This place is smaller than the last one.

"Oh this town is so cute! I bet it has one of those "general stores" I see on TV!"

Right, as if you won't be on a plane every three days to the city to find the closest Chanel.

I'm going to be the one stuck here.

Your already soured mood gets even worse when your father slows down to admire the town and you see the multiple decorations matching the school colors littering every sign and light pole.

Oh my god.

You have got to be kidding me.

"See honey? I told you they were very student oriented!"

More like the cheerleaders and their moms barfed all over the place.