23

(Taehyung's POV)

Ugh...

My neck hurts...

Slowly fluttering his eyes open and gazing around his empty bedroom Taehyung stretches his sore muscles and sighs, his lip pushing out into a small boyish pout.

Y/N isn't in her room anymore...or she must have gotten in her bed...I wish I could have stayed up to say hello to her...

Tenderly wincing at the hunger pains returning to his empty stomach Taehyung rolls himself up in a tight ball while tugging his knees to his chest, his nose scrunching from the uncomfortable sensations coursing through his tired body.

Now that I ate that pizza today I'm even more hungry tonight....I sure hope they pay mama tomorrow and she can get some food...

Oh wait...I don't wanna complain though...mama works really hard to take care of us...it's okay...the hunger pains will go away...

Eh?

What's that?

Widening his eyes and flicking them up to the small flickering light flashing on his ceiling Taehyung sits up as fast as he can and looks down towards the source of the light, his cheeks burning with an immediate blush when he sees Y/N standing on the ground below his window waving a flashlight with a wide grin on her cheeks.

Oh...Y/N....wants to see me?

After school?

Blinking in light shock and shooting up off of his bay window cushion Taehyung makes his way down the stairs as quickly as possible, his feet slipping into his shoes with a small spark of excitement.

Y/N wants to see me!

I wonder why!

Throwing his front door open and tapping out into the chilly night air Taehyung lightly gasps when he looks into Y/N's bright round eyes as she stands on his porch with a smile, her hand holding up a bowl of piping hot noodles and her other a notebook.

"Want to share some noodles?"

....she...wants to share her food again....

Nervously nibbling in the inside of his lip and nodding Y/N's grin gets even wider when she sits down on the porch and tugs a couple bags off her arms, one of the bags containing another big bowl of noodles.

She has another bowl?

That's so much food though...

"Come sit! I have something else for you also!"

Something else?!

Shifting his body to where Y/N is sitting and carefully taking a place beside her Taehyung reaches out and grabs the bowl with a small bow, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down when he sees the vegetables and hot broth mixed with the bouncy noodles.

Wow...this...looks amazing...

Flicking his eyes to look up at the young girl grabbing all her items out of the bags Taehyung feels his lips twitch with a grin, his heart fluttering in his chest staring at her delicate features.

She's so beautiful...

Trying to keep his tingling red cheeks at bay Taehyung holds the bowl of noodles on his lap and slowly takes his chopsticks, his teeth this time on full display when he grins at the food.

I get Y/N's food.

This is special food.

"I also got this for you Taehyung...I hope it can help instead of constantly needing notebooks."

Moving his eyes from the notebook to the items in Y/N's dainty hands Taehyung's jaw lightly drops when he sees the small slippery white board resting on her palm with a pack of black markers, his gaze going wide with shock and surprise.

She got me...a whiteboard?!

Setting his bowl aside and grabbing the small items Taehyung smiles wise and rips the pack of markers open, his fingers gliding across the board filled with joy.

"Thank you Y/N! I love it!"

Staring up into her eyes with the whiteboard in his hands Taehyung watches her expression soften and warm watching him, her hands reaching back in one of the bags to pull out her own board.

"This way you and I won't have to pass a notebook back and forth. Plus we can erase what we write just in case we want to gossip."

Scrunching his nose with happiness and holding the board close to him Taehyung shoots closer to Y/N and picks up his bowl of food with one hand, his free one quickly jotting his words down.

"What kind of food is this?"

"Chicken noodle soup, it's homemade though so it has more vegetables in it."

Wow...home made....fancy...

"It looks really yummy. Thank you. Although...I don't have anything to give you for it...my mama doesn't get home with money until tomorrow."

Suddenly Y/N's smile fades away from her face as she shakes her head and grabs her board, her fingers moving quickly to get her words down for Taehyung to read.

"Consider all of this gifts. I don't need money Taehyung, don't feel that way around me."

So she doesn't want anything?

For all of this?!

The school gave me a pack of pencils one time and mama had to go to the school the next day and give them money for it...

"Okay Y/N..."

I can't believe someone would give all of this and not want anything in return for it...

Grinning to himself and holding the bowl up to smell Taehyung grabs his chopsticks and stirs around the vegetables, his eyes glancing over when he sees Y/N writing on her board.

"This is my father's favorite food by the way, he doesn't really like any kind of Korean food so we've eaten a lot of this."

Woah.

Her Papa doesn't like Korean food?

"What's your favorite food?"

"Japchae."

Taking a huge bite of the noodles while Y/N reads his board Taehyung lets out a sigh of relief when the hunger pains quickly subside in his belly and fade away into nothingness, his eyes widening in shock when he reads the next words written on Y/N's board.

"So..would it be okay if I called you Tae?"

(A/N): I feel like this story struggles but it's just kind of anticlimactic 😂