Liar.

*Seraphine's POV*

             I stare out the window of the dusty old bedroom. It's so dusty. Everything's dusty, it smells stagnant and I'm afraid to even lay on the stale bedding. I sit in the padded arm chair facing out, picking at a hole in the glass that I've secretly imagined jumping out a hundred times. In my dreams I landed safely, softly on the dead grass below and slithered away. If only.

            I wonder if they are looking for me yet? They obviously have to know I was taken unwillingly here. What will they say when I return? I hope they aren't angry. I'd love to tell them the truth, but I have to lie. It's either lie, or be an empty shell. This butthole killed me. I have little doubt he wouldn't destroy my mind from the inside or hurt ke and this child. I'm in a lose lose situation here. This time I have to be selfish and do what is best for myself and this child. I need my mind. I need to retain what I know. What if I forget how to heal? If I forget Barima? If I weren't already starving again I'd feel nauseous.

            As I expected, Nox got his feeding. He took his energy and a little blood. He got his love, much to my dismay. I've never felt so used or so much hatred of myself in my life. And I thought it was bad before. This is certainly Hell. Maybe Yeomorah destroyed my soul and Nox is my own personal Satan. Giant, horned, tailed, wings, claws, piss poor manners. The perfect Satan. I need to ask him about going back now, hours have passed, but I find I'm afraid too. His eyes. He has not been right since Yeomorah's. He's never been right, but he's not right. I can't explain it. He's a man possessed. I swear to you.

           "Nox?" I ask, tentatively over my shoulder. My breath fogs the glass as I lean closer to it. Light rain passes the window.

           "Hmmmm....?" He hums. I rub my arms to destroy the chills.

           "I'm hungry, and cold. May we go back now? I'm sure they must be worried for us."

            "Come here then. I can fix both of your troubles sweet Sera."

            "I-I...um..." I frantically rack my brain for an argument. He notices my distress and rises from the dusty bed to retrieve me. Ugh. No. I hunch over as he draws closer and he tilts his head to study me.

            "I won't hurt you. If anything I'll make you feel superb, wouldn't you agree?" No. He raises a brow. I quickly nod.

            "It is dark outside now." I whisper.

            "And?"

            "Our deal. If we are going to start over, and mend our relationship, we have to be honest."

            "A good start! Good girl. Now, what do you know about incubi?"

            "They can teleport. Feed on blood, energy, emotions. Have two forms. Can heal themselves. Apparently, there's a hierarchy or like a caste system. They can manipulate minds, and possess bodies." He grins menacingly and I panic. Did I mess up?

           "Are they honest Seraphine?"

           "No. They...they manipulate. They are liars by nature."

           "Then why did you think I would keep my word?" I suck my lip in to try to stop the pathetic quiver. I will not cry. Not for this jerk. He already thinks I'm weak and beneath him. I've allowed him to hurt me too much already. I take a breath and speak.