Beg. *triggers at the last several paragraphs!*

It took me an hour to get to the point. To swallow my pride. The words I have yet to say still lodged in my throat like a large stone. I can hear my grandfather's impatience as he waits for me to explain what I need. Easier said than done when I'm really not sure how to word any of this.

"Yeomorah has my pet. My favorite food source. I would find another, but without her I am weakened. I simply cannot fathom to feed from others now that I have had her. I wouldn't trouble you if it were avoidable. I had planned to bring her to you, as I don't think she is fully human. She...she smells human. Looks human, but she feeds. She has no family history known to us, but she has cambion tendencies. She also is completely opposite to a cambion in tendency. Physical strength far greater than one as well. No ability to tap into this on demand. You might be interested to study her as well-"

"Is this the same thing that attacked your brother?"

"Yes, but she had no control of it. She wouldn't harm anything intentionally, but I had provoked and scared her."

"You want to bring some unstable hybrid mutt into my home? You expect me to identify the components of this thing and to assist you in dealing with Yeomorah? Have you lost your mind? And all this for a lowly pet? Something you can easily replace."

"You don't understand! Not lowly, interesting. Strong. Her blood and her energy tastes better than anything ive6ever consumed. I feed less, I feel full and content. I brought her into my home to live as my sole source. It is that good. I feel stronger, more sated with her essence."

"That makes zero sense to me. Especially that she is a god damn pet. Pets are for feeding and pleasure only. You have bonded with it? I'm almost tempted now just to see what freak of nature has stroked your fancy enough to make you beg like a scoundrel. Does it have pussy lined with velvet?" He sneers. I'm raging under my blank face, struggling to keep from revealing too much as grandfather is quite intuitive. He has always been able to pick up on what other's cannot, he can see right through us too.

"I'm not begging, I can do this on my own. I'm certain others might actually be able to decipher what she is. If the task intimidates you, I understand." I decide to be be tactful after my dig and pick his interest. Such a nosey man he is, he loves to be in the know and obtain information that others haven't learned yet. So I will let him in on my suspicion. "Maybe not lined with velvet, but I believe it was made for me. Meant for me. When she escaped I felt weak, dizzy, disoriented. I crave her. Life without her is like starvation." His eyes squint and he tilts his head in thought.

"Made for you? Meant for you? You think that this...this thing is your mate?"

"I've tried to deny it. I was even going to push her down the stairs once, I wanted to kill her because I was startled at my reaction to her. I couldn't though. I found her in a time of insatiable hunger and fretting. I followed her unsee an entire day and I couldn't leave. I was drawn to her like a moth to flame. This has never happened before. She thought she was an ordinary human, as did I. I revealed myself to her in demon form and she was almost unphased. She thought I was a figment of her mind. She was tired after the day and went to bed like I wasn't even there. She reached for me in her weariness, but it was not for sex. No lust could be detected. She wanted to hold me."

"You are obsessing over this creature because she offered you typical human affections, as their kind do."

"It's not that. It's just...well...I don't know." He looks me over.