I'll find you.

*Sera's POV*

Over the past few days I have tiptoed, waiting for all the other shoes to drop. Doom. Impending doom. Shits gonna go down real bad soon. Tensions in the house are mounting higher and Axar and I seem to be caught in the crosshairs. Dad is shady towards me, Barima and Nox are shady towards eachother. Nox and dad go back and fourth between being allies and trying to outshine one another. Too many Generals, not enough soldiers in this house. Everyone intends to order me around and I'm getting mental whiplash. I'm tired, so utterly tired. Exhausted into my soul. Sleep laughs at me. I wake up as spent as I lie down.

Nox is attached to my hip now. I cannot move without him. There's no reprieve, and I'm too scared to voice my concerns. I just keep replaying all those awful things Nox has done in my mind. The bodies, the torment, the sickly older man named Henry that he deceived and lead to his death. He told him he was God. I can only imagine the things he's lied to me about. I try not to think about it, because he can read my mind, but it plays of it's own accord.

"Stop thinking about it. What's past cannot be undone. All that matters is that you are here now, and as long as you are dutiful and not negligent, I will never have to do such atrocities again. Everyone is sleeping now. Care to run us a bath, lover?" He purs lazily. He is sprawled, center of the bed in all his glory. I have sat by the foot staring off for over an hour. He clicks his tongue to me as one would an animal and nudges me with his foot.

"I'm going..." I whine as I go to fill the tub. Part of me wants to put holy water in this tub. Would that affect him? Or at the very least make the water too hot. Then I'd suffer too though. I just want to go home. Do I still have my home? I lean sideways to adjust the water, peering over my shoulder as I do. I look back at the water and scream. The reflection of a strange man stares back at me from depths of the tub. I turn on my heel to the door only to run face first into Noxodius. He pulls me to his side as he steps forward searching.

"Why did you scream? Tell me."

"There was a man in the tub...in the water...reflected! He was reflected in the tub."

"What did he look like?" A monster.

"He was pale, even his hair was pale and his eyes were so red." Nox sets his jaw.

"You are not to leave my side from now on. That man is a demon. I believe from description that he is Yeomorah. I felt his presence and came as quickly as I could. That creature is deadly. You avoid him or as anybody else that appears and come straight to me if you spot someone."

"But who is he? What does he want?"

"Simply, a demon bastard. He wishes to take you from me."

"Why? I don't even know him. I haven't bothered anyone..." I've done everything asked of me. I've stayed in this house. "Shouldn't I learn how to use some of my abilities to defend my-"

"NO! Run the bath. Silence. You're giving me a headache."

"Nothing like the one you've given me. You try being clueless and at everybody's whim. To top it off they trust me like a mushroom..."

"A mushroom?" He drones.

"Yes. You give me nothing but shit and keep me in the dark."

"Technically that-"

"I don't care. Forget I even said it. Let me be." I sigh. It doesn't matter anyhow. He doesn't intend to teach me anything but how to heal and be docile. He doesn't care if I'm nabbed or attacked. All he cares about is having a bountiful, live in food source. Didn't he say that once? I don't know, don't care. Trying to remember things only ends up in headaches and frustration. I growl under my breath. I count backwards from ten in my mind. I even imagine myself kicking his ass. I jump as he kneads my shoulders. Who really was that man?