Narius.

"Who are you? What do you want?" The older man blurts as he steps back from me in fear. I sneer at him as I close in, his eyes lock with mine as nd in moments I have him entranced. The older humans are always easiest to control. At a certain point they will even lose control of themselves without interference. I can tell by the beat of his heart that he has heart and blood pressure issues. The streets are empty, and we are far from businesses. In my state of disarray I absorb all the fear and blood from him in moments. As he dis in my grasp, I go through his life sifting through all the negatives and eating away at those fragile memories as their host fades against me. His heart gives a final, surrendering thud as he leaves this life to enter his next. I clean my face and quickly vanish to reappear soon at my home.

      I'm still not content or remotely soothed. I need that girl. I feel like I'm withdrawing without her. I'm erratic and uneasy. Nothing I have consumed or slept with has got me anywhere near the relief that came with even skin co tact or a drop of blood from her.

     I lay back onto the chairs lounge that came with the house and I examine my ribs. They are healing, but tender. What the Hell is she? She had found a banhee. I hadn't seen a banshee in decades, let alone its male counterpart. Most are not social and are unstable, choosing to isolate so they can have a break from the endless premonition of impending doom. Yet this one gravitates to her, leaning her her like a crutch or a mother figure.

       The house is dull, and void of life now. Void of entertainment and food. Sera robbed it of all pleasures when she left. Why didn't I take precautions for this? I should have prepped and sealed off all exits but the main one before I ever brought her here. The pet idea was doomed from the start. I shake the thought and I summon Narius. Per his usual, he is late by my standards.

        "Hello Nox. It has been a long time." He smirks at me and his eyes darken. "What have you brought here, brother?"

        "Hello Narius. Yes, I was hoping you would be able to help me figure that out. You see, it smells human. Looks human." I pull off my shirt. "But it has some serious force behind it. It has befriended a Banhee, and it can see my horns in my human form. I've manipulated her mind, removed things yet she had recalled a mb memory I had removed. She doesn't act right. Her entire reaction to me is abnormal. She seems completely unphased by my true form. Also, her blood is addictive.  I've tasted nothing like it. I cannot have enough of her, I've never been this adamant about keeping a mortal pet to feed from, but everything about her soothes my most ravenous appetite."

       "Is she typically violent? Mischievous or misbehaved? Promiscuous?"

       "No. Total opposites. She typically is passive, humble and helpful. Far as promiscuity,  I had to manipulate her mind in order to take her virginity. The only reason she relented was because she thought we weren't real, but in a dreamlike state that didn't cross into the real world. She handled hours of my feeding and trysts for a week as well. She paled and lost a bit of weight, but not any significant damage."

        "For one, I do believe my younger brother is having trouble admitting that he wants this being. It's not that she's addictive, it's your infatuation I do believe. Her behavior has me stumped, though. She is certainly not a full blood human, not to have physically withstood you over long periods or to have been able to have injured you so effectively. Most human pets will die within days of constant sex, or will lose their minds from it or repetitive feeding. Where is she now?"

        "Escaped." I snort angrily. Narius only throws his head back in delighyed cackle.

        "Escaped? This is why the energy of your house feels like that of the room of a grounded teenage mortal. Ha! You let her escape? How exactly did she manage this?"

        "I thought I had control of her, I let her roam freely taking no precautions. She likes conversation, so I humored her with one and she asked what I was and what we were. I told her master and pet, the truth. She couldn't handle it and she went to pout. I ignored her childish fit and gave her space, but when I came to feed she had went out of the window of the guest room."

      "That's because you really weren't wanting a pet." He winks and I growl. "Technically, we as incubi are excellent liars. It comes with the territory.  We lie constantly, especially to our prey. So why not just lie? Why set her off? Afraid to even lie about your feelings? Scared you might realize them if you speak them aloud?"

       "Believe me when I tell you, that I have no feelings for that pathetic pushover half breed imbecile creature, whatever it may be." I bump chests with him to intimidate, but he only laughs and shoves me away.

      "Then why not just lie?" I have no retorts for this, I simply continue to glower at him. "Look, the great smart ass is speechless. I'm good. I should be what the humans call a therapist. I must tell Livienne when I return." He boasts.

      "Go home. Silence your forked tongue, and just go home to your Livienne." I dismiss him in haste as I disrespectfully turn my back on him.

       "Oh cone off of it Noxi!" I clench my jaw at the name. "How about we do this? I will help you watch her and bring her back. If I can see and observe her I can likely figure out exactly what she is."

        "I no longer desire her. She replaced me with that Banhee."

       "Stop lying. Keep an open mind. We will bring him too. I'd like to see their interaction together." I nod at him, appeased by the promise of retrieving Sera.

       "Come now. Let's go. We will check by her home first."

        "One thing before we leave. What do you plan on doing with the Banhee?"