The Connection.

My head is a dull throb. We wait forever for Ezekiel to get everything prepared to join us. Even feeding from several of his servants did nothing for me. My hands are clammy and my body feels drained. Tired even. Agitated and restless once again. I hardly could contain myself the entire night. I kept watching my surroundings and tuning in on strange noises or voices.

The large male was thrilled when I allowed him to view Seraphine. Her resemblance to him seemed to enlarge his already enormous head. According to him, she is the only grandchild to share the tiny birthmark under his eye, and the texture of his hair and even the unusual bend in her pinky fingers. The others only share his eye color.

He goes over everything with his oldest son, who is left in charge. He grabbed several things he thought he might need. He primped himself like a peacock before heading to join us. Alexavier rolled his eyes as we exited behind the relative giant. This time, none of the females dared spare me a single glance. Their eyes trained dutifully on Ezekiel, no doubt afraid to lose one if they didn't comply. Finally, we are outside the castle.

"I notice you have a locket. A gift from Seraphine?" Ezekiel inquires.

"Yes." I can see the question in his eyes. "You may look if you'd like. It has a photo of Sera and one of the child." He draws closer, and inspects the locket. I also hand him the photo in my pocket.

"I know that look." He points at my face. "That was the same look I once held for my beloved." For the briefest moment his brash, over confident demeanor cracks. I carefully select my words as I prepare to reply.

"You must have loved her a great deal." He frowns a little.

"She was everything. I gave up everything for her, only for her to destroy me." Alexavier watches intently.

"I was cast out, I chose her over my alliance with God. I was banished and made to live with her in the mortal realm. I gave her power, extended life. Everything, even if I had to steal it. She gave me children, and what I thought was love. She tried to take it all back when she found someone with more to offer. My love, my sacrifice meant nothing. She abandoned us all, even her children for this bastard, and cursed me to shorten my life. I had to find sacrifices here and there to remain in existence. That bastard killed the mother of his own children to be with her, a wretched harlot. Her power came from me though, and weakening me weakened her. First, I killed her. Then, though they will never tell it, I killed Asmodeus. He never killed himself in grief." My blood is ice. This is the connection! This is why Yeomorah is tormenting us, to spite Ezekiel. It was never coincidental. He hates Ezekiel for his father's demise.

"It makes sense now..." Alexavier whispers.

"Yes. When you mentioned Yeomorah, I knew. I figured I might as well tell, he will no doubt bring it up."

"You never wanted to kill your own-" Alexavier starts.

"No. It suffers me. That is what she wanted though. She wanted to destroy me mentally, physically, emotionally and even after all I done for her. I'm a selfish man though, I wanted to live. My bloodline was strongest, and easiest to access. Everytime I'd kill one of those children I'd go up to my room afterwards and cry until I'd vomit. The guilt is like a cancer though, and after so long it ate holes in my conscience. I remember each one, and their mothers' faces..." He sighs.

The way back is silent. We recieve several looks from others as we journey, and several demons ponder robbing us until they realize it is Ezekiel with us. They slink away in haste trying to avoid being confronted. The whole time I think about Seraphine. I wonder what she is doing now. How she's feeling? If she truly does hate me. Ezekiel's revelation makes me uneasy, mostly because much of it relates to Sera and I.