Memory Lane.

Seraphine is ashen and limp. I shake her vigorously and her head falls back. Asleep? She does sleep quite a bit if I remember correctly. I've never been around humans or hybrids long enough to know their sleeping patterns. Her body is much lighter than I remember though. I pack her to our room and deposit her on her side. I slide in behind her, stripping down and I press my body tightly to hers. I missed the feel of her little body against mine. The flutter of her heart, her soft whines and snores. It's euphoric to hold her again.

         I've debated on where to go from here. I don't want her to learn how to use her abilities. I worry she might be nearly as strong as I am. Already she has managed to walk through the walls, utilize her speed and strength though not fully, absorb a soul, and summon other beings apparently. I run my hands through her scalp, feeling her energy flow through my fingertips. I press deeper until I am in her dreams. From here I can flow through her memories. I want all her recent ones, all her thoughts. I need to know how she truly feels for me. I need to know her weaknesses. I need to know how far I'm going to have to go. It's time to take a trip down memory lane.

          I start at the sensual scene of a demon Sera, cleaning her lips and caressing her shoulders with a soft sigh.  Not long after this she realizes what she has done and remorse sets in. I ride this out until we reach the car. We go through the motions of me trying to fondle her in the drive and then our trading of insults. We go through her pulling off we without me and my teleporting to inside the cab. I hear my words through her ears, and I feel her reaction.

          "Pull off. It's my car. Shut up and switch me seats. I'll drive my car and you can sit here and think about the disrespect you give to the one who is trying to help your unstable self learn not to be a serial killer. I can't believe I ever found you interesting enough to follow. I should have let you alone. You'd have been back with your cheating boyfriend, getting shit on at work, and starving daily until you get hone to scarf your twenty five cent ramen garbage."

       "Get out! I don't want you around me and I don't ever want to see you again. You are evil! Just get the fuck out." I wince as tears sting her eyes. I see an enraged Axar slap her face viciously, the pain and betrayal registering. I am with her as she jumps out into the highway, running for all she is worth. I see her watch me in the distance, I see myself crying out for her and I feel her conflict. Subconsciously, a little part of her wanted to reach out. It wanted to comfort me. But she wanted to be that butterfly in the sun, the one she admired as it uttered on a flower carefree. "It only wants to live. It wants to fly, to eat, to rest peacefully knowing the next day it is free to fly and enjoy it's flowers and the warm sun on it's wings. It wants to enjoy the small things, it doesn't compete or envy. It doesn't want luxury. It's content in the moment, it only wants happiness and it's creature comforts. That's all I want too. All I've ever wanted." She thinks to herself.

        "I can give you all of that little love. All of it. Anything but the freedom. The happiness all depends on you..." I whisper. Unless I meddle.

        I watch her mental warfare at Barima's, her pleading for Barima to forgive her after she had worked the ouija board. I watch her contort as her demon form took the initiative and absorbed Barima on it's instinct. On her fours, on the carpet, her sculpted shoulders contorting and green mane whipping softly about her face. I lick my lips as lust and hunger flare. My veins pulse within my body. I force myself to concentrate. Sera wading into the murky marsh I slung Barima in. Seraphine carrying Barima inside and cleaning her up. This scene is intriguing. She could have sprated her off and wrapped her in a sheet. The woman is dead. Yet she was so tender and meticulous in grooming and cleansing, the same methods and touch she would use with the living. She broods her hair, dresses and covers her. She turns to the livingroom and finds Yeomorah.