Purgatory.

*Sera's POV*

             I cannot see now. I cannot hear. This is it! I have finally died. I am free. No more hurting, no more miserable existence to tie me down. Dense, lush darkness surrounds me and while it's a tad chilly, I am comfortable. In my mind I laugh. I almost wish I could see, that I could project above myself to see their faces when they find me gone. The game is over. Finished. I won.

           My body is heavy as lead, and remains stuck fast to the floor, but in my mind I roam. I concentrate on this feeling until I can move outside my body now. Like a ghost I move, standing before myself. I kneel and smooth my hair down. It worked, I can move things. I ease my body over until it's free of the urine, tears and blood. I leap up and smack the sprinkler head do that it rains down, rinsing infuriates down the drain. I pass through the door and I vanish down the hall and make my way once again into the ceiling vents. I'm unsure if others can see or sense me, so I decide to stay hidden.

         "Seraphine!" I look beneath myself to see Barima shimmying behind me.

          "Barima?"

          "What are you doing?"

          "Leaving here. I'm dead too Barima. I just seen my body, so I left. I walked through the door. I'm a ghost."

          "He can summon you back into your body! Stop! You aren't dead yet. Go back and get your body."

          "Why? What if I'm caught? Why would he summon me back? Won't I appear dead?"

          "You appear comatose. You have faint vitals, but your soul is absent. You learned projection. Now, go get your body and figure out how to take it with you."

           "It was black before I did that. I couldn't see or hear. How am I not dead?"

           "You're caught between realms. In limbo. You can go either way."

           "How am I going to bring my busted body along with me? Did you not see? He broke everything...everything!" I stress. My bones were broken? I cannot walk in that body! What does she expect me to do really?

           "Heal it. Your kind have accelerated healing."

           "Well I don't know how to use it! I'm also weak and starving. Nox had to have ebergyvto perform certain things like teleportation and such. What if I don't have the energy?"

           "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." She nudges me and I huff annoyed as I wiggle backwards in an awkward reverse crawl. We both slip through from the ceiling and land without sound, practicslly floating as we enter the cell with my body. I find keys on the wall at the far end of the hall, I run to them unseen and open my door, leaving it slightly cracked. I approach my body, once again and look down. The water is all gone now. My physical self lays twisted and mangled where I had rolled her to. I flop down onto myself. Nothing.

       I pace around as Barima watches, amused. I concentrate and think hard trying to figure out how to get into my body. I jump up and walk through the door again and into the neighboring cell. I am undetected by the woman in here, she is cold and miserable. Her face is worn from suffrage and her eyes are dull and void. I decide to go touch her, to absorb her transgressions. I do need energy, and she needs relief from her mental baggage. I reach my hand out to brush her jaw. It's a feather light touch and she twitches at it, but in seconds I have fed. For the last time. Her body becomes light and she yawns. I wonder when she last slept? I wrap around her still undetected and I ease her onto the floor where I feel the light overhead is warmest. I hold to her transferring heat until she sleeps soundly. I feel her contentment.  This is new? I touch her head and lightly caress her, and her thoughts are clear. She felts my presence but does not fear my touch, I made her feel better. She thinks I'm an angel. It breaks my heart to know how disappointed she'd be if she knew.

        I whisper encouragement to her resting figure as I slink back into my cell. I focus again, now renewed with energy and I touch my head. Lightly at first then as I pass through myself I feed my arms farther down until I begin to sink into myself. I spin around wildly as I catch glimpse of a woman in the corner with Auburn hair. She wore a wispy burgundy dress and slight heels. She was casually leaned, but her eyes were soft. I try to stop myself from entering my body to confront her. Barima gapes st her too but she dissipates. In moments I am gone as well. I see or hear nothing again. I'm scared once again. Focus. Feel your limbs tingling and imagine the feeling of feeding. Let it spread throughout your body. You're healing, Itara. The voice is not Barima's, nor is it intimidating.  It's plush and soothing.

        She called me the wrong name? Bold to speak into someone's mind and call them an incorrect name. Her advice worked though. I crack open a wary eye, cautious incase anybody can see me. All I see though is the bland concrete around me. I attempt to wiggle my fingers successfully.  I can move some things now, not everything has healed yet though. I lie still so nobody will know I'm awake and healing or test my door. Every minute feels like a year as I begrudgingly wait for my body to mend. Now that I am once again conscious, Barima is back within my body too.

          I am relived to possibly have way out now, but I'm furious to be alive. I wanted out. I wanted to remain in that dark purgatory or whatever I was in. Now I have to face my problems. To possibly face Yeomorah if I fail my escape. I have to risk bumping into Nox, Axar, Justin and even my father if I escspe. I'm tired of struggling. I want to escape, get Barima back into her body and right my wrong doings and then, well, I'll disappear. I'll fo as far as I can away from here. I'll start over. If I have to live, I'll find a safer location and make the most of it there.

          I try my legs and listen carefully. I see or hear nobody, so I shakily bring myself up to stand. I grin a little in victory. I wish I could make myself invisible like others like me can, but until I lean, I'll have to rely on speed and stealth. I have no idea how much time has actually passed, how m as by days I was out or what the schedules are here so I have no way to tell when they might come to tend us or patrol. But I do remember how I passee through the door when I was out of body earlier. Nox can do that in his physical form too. So I decide to try it. I focus on repeating my earlier actions and concentrate. It stings as I pass through, but after the temporary burn I am into the hall.

         I crawl down the hall to avoid any other prisoners spotting me and blowing my cover until I reach the trusty old vent. I shiver with excitement as I leap silently, and force my bottom through the narrow channel scraping my hips in the process. I have trouble this time, no longer invisible and not sure how to pop my joints out as I did in my crazed monster phase days ago. I travel for a while slowly, uncomfortable all the while. I hear voices below me, and I can see through spots occassionally as I pass over them. I nearly forget to breathe as I hear not only Yeomorah's voice, but Noxodius's as well.

          "Yes, I did agree to bring her. I am not backing out as I am curious to what she is too. She is not in fantastic health though, perhaps you and your grandfather should come here."

          "You agreed to bring her here. Grandfather backed out, my parents have agreed to examine her. Being direct descendants of ancients  themselves they should have no trouble figure out what type of beings she consist of."

          "I'll bring her, but don't be alarmed if she cannot answer questions or stand up. You've been warned. I'll go to retrieve her now. Expect us on the hour." The son follows quickly on his father's heels as he stops speaking with Noxodius and presumably goes to get me. We're fucked! Oh no. I squeeze faster only to have an idea strike me. Can I pass through the roof? I could leave that way! I quickly focus, putting my all into it. I melt into the material above me and soon the bright light of the midday sun is upon my naked back.

         The sun's rays feel heavenly after being so cold and damp. I want to bask in it like a lizard as it thaws me, but I have no time to spare. I dash across the roof and leap over the closest edge. I don't know if I can survive this type of a fall, but I can do so many new things that I don't for a second question it. I scream and flail midair, trying to will myself back to the roof as I catch sight of the figure below me. My body twists and I turn but soon land despite my greatest attempts to somehow defy gravity.

           "Seraphine."