Green With Envy.

I roam the empty streets, searching for my next victim. She comes into sight soon enough. I know what she is, but she doesn't even ask for any cash. She practically jumped into my arms and I swat her down and naked her lead us to privacy. I do not take my time with her. I rush quickly to build the lust in her for me to devour,  and then I drain her dry of blood. I can't even finish. She does nothing for me outside of the blood and energy. I did not want her dreams. I dump her unceremoniously in the floor of restroom and I lock the stall door. I allow myself to disappear and I continue to roam the streets once again restless and unsatisfied.

        I finally give in, and I check her apartment.  Only she isn't there. Neither is her purse. The birthday cake and pizza, are uneaten and dumped into the trash. The aura of depression lingers. It isn't anger, like I expected. Just pure depression. My fingers linger on the pizza box, and I can almost feel her reminiscing about how I had surprised her. She was so elated, but shocked. Nobody had done anything like this before for her. She felt loved. Did she loved me, somehow? The snuggling, forehead kisses, constant gratitude and obedience. It was partially my manipulation on the sexual parts and subservience, but she chose to overlook much of my behavior on her own. She never once treated me different after seeing what I was.

        I leave her apartment and set out to find her. I'll just find and kill her. This is going to be more trouble than it's ever been worth. It was a foolish idea, she should've been disposed of the moment she had seen my horns. But how did she see them? I was in my human form. This has troubled me from the beginning. This and her strength. She could easily have killed that girl she attacked the night of her birthday. The blow from her ex should have knocked her out, and the broken nose dome little to phase her.

       After about thirty minutes or more, I manage to find her. She's sitting in the dark at the park, a teen boy is making small talk with her. I quickly realize what that boy is, a Banhee. My fist clenches at the sight. The energy around them both is melancholy, and I can feel a protectiveness radiate from her for the boy. His clothes are dirty, but his face is other worldly. He has nutmeg curls and light mocha skin with striking pale green eyes. He appears to be around sixteen years of age. She puts her jacket over him and pulls him up effortlessly to his feet.

        "Sera. Where do you think you are going?" I can watch her coddle him no longer. I glower at him in unbridled rage, but he steps before Sera protectively.

       "Home." She states vaguely.

       "Not with him, you are not!" I reach for her and he intercepts. 

       "Yes, with him. Axar is a child. He has nobody. I will not let him go hungry, or homeless. Do you know what that's like?" Her voice raises, and I'm stunned. She has rarely ever came at me with such aggression. 

      "He's not your problem. Do you know what he is?"

      "Yes, I know what he is. It doesn't matter. A child is a child." I lunge at her in rage and Axar shrieks violently as he prepares to defend her. His voice raises and I stumble back from the force, but I quickly regain my composure and strike him in the face. He isn't as strong as an adult yet, I'll kill him easily. I ground him and dig my claws into his shoulders, as he shrieks. I can do no more damage though, as a force slams into me and I fly off the boy's body. I lay, bewildered staring up at a furious Sera. Did she do this? She runs to the boy who sobs and begs her forgiveness that he couldn't protect her. She consoles him and covers him from me as I stand again.

        "Sera you are not his mother. Let the little menace go."

        "I will not. It is none your business."

        "It is, when you are mine."

        "I am not yours. You only used me." The truth of her words slaps me hard in the face. It's hard to argue the truth. She has me there.

       "What about us? You can hardly even feed yourself, let alone this ominous leech."

       "There was never an us. You plainly admitted that. Now let me and this baby go home." The boy is too big to go under her arm so she drags him protectively against her side, he sulks and huddles into her. I can feel his happiness and adoration. She completely disregards me as she tends to her giant baby.

      I watch them leave, and she spares me not another glance. The cauldron of my fury bubbles over. Never have I been rejected, or picked over. Yet she has spurned me. I will forget her. There are better ones out there for me. Yet no matter how many times I tell myself this, I know I can't let go of her.

      I leave them, for now. I retreat to my home to brood and to contact my older  brother, Narius. I need answers. I need to know what's wrong with this woman. She sees and interacts with things she should not. She has bruised my ribs. No mortal should be able to bring me such damage. Something is wrong here. I will not stop until I find out.

         "Enjoy your child, for now Sera. Tomorrow I will come for you again, and I will waste that shrieking bastard if I must."