Trickery.

I immediately drag Seraphine and Axar to to center rooms of the house, bottom floor. In my mind, this is safest. Easier to exit should she need to, and away from prying eyes that might draw near windows. Ezekiel gathers the staff into the basement. He uses the salts and rituals from the book of Barima's that Seraphine wouldn't relent about. I can't help but feel proud though, even in such dire a situation. If she is this protective of staff she hardly knows, she will be formidable over our child.

          We wait anxiously for Nomias's return. I do what I can for Sera in the meantime. I try to keep her comfortable and calm. The task is difficult, considering that I'm neither myself. She spooks at every sound, Axar's hand clutched in hers. Axar is devoid of his typical childish behavior, his sits straight and alert on Sera's other side. That feral, protective boy I first met standing ready to defend one if the few mother figures he's ever known. Although not a word between Yeomorah's side or ours has been exchanged in some time, but you can feel the hostility in the air. It's ominous, foreshadowing events to be. Lucien's presence outside is a bad omen.

         I worry for Sera's sake. I scoff at the religious, but I pray some God might take pity on her and look after her. Those familiar fears plague my mind. Heavy and burdensome. What if Yeomorah can possess me and operate his body at once? It's difficult to do such thing in battle, but not unheard of. It would require adequate energy and eventually he would scrap my body. I don't want to be the one to turn on my own. I don't want Seraphine to have to see me slaughtered. I don't want it to come to her having to fend me off either. Sera kisses my throat under my jaw. My body hums in appreciation at her affection. I grip her free hand tightly and I look down at her.

           Her mind is flooded with doubt and what ifs, but her eyes hold unwavering faith. She looks to me like mortals do to Gods, like children do to heroes in films. Like I hold of all the answers.

         "Nox?" She whispers.

         "Yes, lover?"

          "You are possessed by Yeomorah on occassions, right?"

          "What of it?"

          "Can-can we possess demons? I know you can possess humans, but could we possess Lucien?" I smirk down on my emerald beauty, chest swelling with pride yet again.

          "We could. But, we need someone to to do it that they wouldn't expect. The person has to be able, and unfortunately not already compromised as myself or they'd be tipped off-"

           "I could, if you could help me learn. I mean, I snuck and have been studying it..." She looks down. "But I've never tried it before. I have the general idea of it."

           "You're warped of the mind if you think I'm letting you risk the both of you to be a decoy."

            "It's perfect though. Nobody knows, even on our friends that I could pull this off. They'd never expect it. I'm also the one they'll be gunning hardest for. I don't have to distract them, they would come to me. Yeomorah has admitted to killing his other children, do you think though that he'd care enough to barter for Lucien? If not, we could at least maybe use him to undermine them." The idea is grand, but the risks aren't worth it. What if she could get Yeomorah though?

           "We can't risk it. What if something goes wrong? I could lose you both." She nuzzles her head into me.

           "Have faith in me. I would never purposely harm our child either, but I owe it to him to ensure his father's safety and success. Besides, we could potentially be outnumbered. We have my mother, who can only do so much as a spirit now. We have you, I, Axar, Alexavier, Ezekiel and Nomias. Listen to my idea here, if I could get Yeomorah we could easily deal with the others."