Honesty.

*Seraphine's POV*

Noxodius has been missing for nearly a week now. He refuses to return, and honestly I'm too afraid to be near him now. We communicate through the phone, which he rings like clockwork. He's expressed his shame and remorse one hundred times, and I know that he was being possessed, but I can't help but remember the things he showed me from before. All those people he slain or tormented. I hardly have slept for images of that dead girl and the fear of every noise.

While I worry for him, I also fear him coming for me. Every sound or shadow cause me to lurch and jump. I have this feeling of an impending doom, like someone is out for me or going to betray me. Barima had told me once that before she got her premonitions, that she developed a strong paranoia, and that paranoia turned out to be advanced intuition. This does little to comfort me, only adding to my ever growing list of worries. Along with Noxodius possibly appearing out of nowhere.

Tgat possibility has caused unrest with the staff. They officially hate me now. They spit at me and flip me off behind everyone's back. I have taken over cooking for myself. I'm sick of Adam offering me poisoned dishes with his hopeful eyes thinking that I cannot read his mind now. I saved him, and still he shits on me. I even tried to save that woman, and I bet of I were successful she'd have shit on me too. I am over their ungratefulness. I will never intervene for their safety again.

"Come down and eat. They are all waiting for us downstairs mama Sera." Axar insists. I reluctantly agree and follow him down.

Once downstairs and in the kitchen I dutifully slip to fridge and cabinets to figure out what I'm going to make. Axar tries to get me to eat the food the staff prepared and I beg him just to eat what I make. I have zero trust in the food they prepared. I begin to chop ingredients for omelets when I tune in to Adam and Axar. I grip my knife as I tiptoe towards where they are talking. Axar sits, a giant plate of breakfast before him. Adam smiles a devilish smile, and I know that look. I move closer and closer until I am in front of them with everyone's eyes on me.

"Axar scoot that plate away. I need to have a word with Adam." Adam is indignant as he stares at me.

"You are not my boss. Whatever you have to say to me you can spill it right here. I don't trust you alone with me." I laugh at his audacity.

"Do you really want me to say it here?" I speak loudly. "As for being alone with you, I would touch or feed from you if I were dying you ungrateful little coward."

"That man tried to kill me because-" I've had enough of this.

"He tried to kill you, but I saved you. You have also tried to kill me. Would you have saved me? I think not."

"You are a dangerous liar! Master Nomias is too kind to let such people into his home." I seethe as he smirks in satisfaction of himself. He must think he looks bold to harass me in front of everybody.

"Sit down."

"Fuck you." I slam him down into the chair and I put his hand on the table. He fights trying to strike my stomach as I pin his hand.

"No thank you. Now then, you have two options. Eat that food, or let me stab your hand."

"You can't do this! Nomias!"

"Call to Nomias. Have him come here to read your thoughts. Third option on the table." I see Ezekiel and Nomias's amused eyes in the corner, everyone else watches me in horror. I won't back down though. These people have tormented me for days now. I've even heard them outside my room at night. "I'll give you to the count of ten. I'm sick of letting you all slide." I think of Nox and his menacing wording and I try to sound just as condescending and cold as he can. "I take earlier words back. You look appetizing Adam, and while I'll answer to Noxodius, I will not be controlled by something I could eat."