Show me how much

David and Sophia arrived early the next morning ready to meet the doctor. I was grateful when they brought in a bacon and egg roll for each of us for breakfast too.

Untangling myself from Joey's arms, feeling slightly flushed that his parents walked in on us cuddled up in the small single hospital bed, I smiled my thanks and hungrily accepted the food and accompanying coffee.

"How are you feeling this morning sweetie?" Sophia asked Joey, placing a motherly kiss on his head.

"A lot better than I did yesterday morning," he joked as he took a large bite of his roll. Sophia rolled her eyes at his smartass response as I stifled a giggle at their exchange.

"Are you guys going home today?" Joey asked his parents.

"We'll see what the doctor has to say, hopefully get you discharged this morning, probably head home after lunch, I've already taken a day off work and can't really miss another," David responded.

We had just finished our breakfast when the doctor entered the room. He checked the charts and questioned Joey on how he was feeling.

"Ok, well I am satisfied that you can be discharged. If you have any signs of vomiting or nausea, dizzy spells etcetera, please see a doctor immediately. I highly recommend you have a hydralyte drink daily, or at the very least a sports drink to keep your electrolyte levels up. Take it easy for a few days, I understand the demands of basketball, but I think you should have the week off training. Got it?" The doctor explained.

"Sure, you better put the part about training in writing though. Coach might not believe me," Joey replied.

"Will do. I'll have the nurses arrange discharge papers and doctors note. All the best Joey," he said before hurrying out of the room, no doubt moving on to countless other patients for the day.

"I have already bought you some hydralyte drinks and a few other things for you," Sophia said handing over a bag from the pharmacy.

"Thanks Mom," Joey smiled, taking the bag from her and taking a quick look inside. "I want to stop by to see Martin before we leave though, is that ok? I assume you are driving us back to campus?"

"Absolutely."

A short time later the nurse had arrived with the papers, we got everything signed and both freshened up before leaving the hospital room. While hospitals don't bother me too much, I'd rather not be spending this much time inside of one for a very long time.

We had asked the nurse which room Martin was in and told David and Sophia that we would meet them in the cafeteria when we were done. Joey took my hand in his as we head in different directions down the hall.

"Thanks for staying with me all night and skipping classes today," he said lifting our joined hands to his lips.

"As if I would have been anywhere else!" I smiled back at him.

Martin's room was on the same floor, so we didn't have to travel far. In just moments we were knocking on a room identical to the one Joey had spent the night in.

"Come in," I heard a deep voice call. I had never actually met Martin, besides seeing him unconscious in the forest.

Joey opened the door and pulled me in behind him. Martin was sitting up in bed, his ankle in a moon boot and propped up on pillows. He looked to be in good spirits, despite the events of the last few days and his expression lit up when he saw it was us who entered his room.

"Joey, son. How are you feeling?" He said, and I didn't fail to notice how he immediately cared about Joey's well-being over his own.

"I'm good, about to head home. How's the ankle?"