After Party

"I'm just going to get Ali. She text me and needs my help deciding on a top," I explained to Harper, rolling my eyes as I made my way out of our room.

"Of course she does. I'll be ready in 5, and we have to leave! The game starts in 40 minutes!" Harper said as she sat on the floor in front of our full length mirror finishing up her make up.

We were heading to the first basketball game of the season and then the party after. This meant not overdressing for the game but not underdressing for the party. Harper and I had both decided on skinny jeans, ankle boots and a cute top. I had gone with a dark green long sleeve crop top, my flat stomach on display. For the game however I was wearing a leather jacket over the top.

I walked down the hall to Ali's room, knocking on the door. The door swung open instantly to Ali standing there in her bra, holding two tops in her hand.

"Help me!" She whined.

"Ali, it's just a basketball game. It's not going to matter too much which one you wear. Besides you always look hot!" I insisted.

"That's not even a tiny bit helpful Morgan! Look at you, all legs and flat tummy, even your boobs look incredible and you don't even have to try! I'm an actual disaster."

"I've never met anyone so dramatic in my life. Come on then, show me your options."

I walked further into the room, seeing clothes thrown all over the bed, shoes scattered across the floor and make up spread across her desk. On the other bed in the room sat Ali's roommate, trying to read a book and ignore the situation in front of her.

She wasn't weird, like Ali had described her, she was just quiet and reserved. I had met her a couple of times now and she was always polite. She kept to herself, but in contrast to Ali's large personality I can see how they wouldn't really get along.

"Hey Mindy, how are you?" I greeted her.

"Hey Morgan," she replied before going back to her book.

"Morgan!! Me!! Pay attention. So I have this black silk top, with the deep v neck. Or, I can go with the red halter that has a low back."

"Go with the black. The red is too much for the game. The black will look hot at the party. You wearing jeans too?"

She glanced at my own jeans and boots.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll put on my burgundy jeans instead with the black top, black pumps. Perfect! Omg you are a lifesaver!" She exclaimed.

"I really didn't do much. Now come on, we have to go!" I said as there was another knock at the door.

I opened the door, finding Harper waiting as I had expected.

Five minutes later and we were on our way walking across campus towards the stadium.

Our team won convincingly, 68 to 32. I had to admit, Joey played incredibly. It was almost disappointing that he didn't have any intentions of continuing with basketball after college. Yet at the same time I understood. I don't know if he had told anyone else about his intentions, so I didn't mention anything to Harper.

By the time we arrived at the boys house, the party was already in full swing. At least no one was passed out on the lawn yet though.

We made our way through the house and straight to the drinks, settling ourselves into the building party atmosphere around us.

Standing at the island bench, pouring myself another drink I took in the usual sights. The beer pong had already started, there was dancing and grinding in the lounge. I could see Ali from here, enjoying herself with a guy I recognised from the team. Even Harper, I saw was in the corner talking with Ethan. That surprised me.