Breathe

Relaxed is an understatement for how I feel, and have felt since we arrived home a week ago. Home. It still sounds so strange to say when thinking about this place, yet it's how everyone has made me feel. Wanted, needed, like I belong.

David had insisted that we take a few weeks to just rest and relax post exams before we start working at the family company, Cameron Property Management and Developments. I wasn't one to argue, not having had real time off to just act my age for years now.

Joey and I had both gone in this week however for somewhat of an orientation. I was introduced to Alana, the current receptionist who I will be job sharing with. I immediately got along with her as together we gushed over her pregnancy. David and Joey both warning me not to get any ideas so soon, I still had three more years of college.

So that's how I found myself floating in the pool on this warm summer afternoon, drowning out the sounds of Joey and Ryder discussing basketball and Jessica and Jayda practicing flips into the pool. Harper was out with Ethan for the day.

With my eyes closed and the sun beaming down warming my skin and hopefully helping my naturally tanned Californian skin, I was in a state of bliss.

That was until I suddenly found myself being tipped off the float and hitting the water in what was an entirely ungraceful belly whack.

I rose to the surface, wiping the water from my face while looking around for the culprit. I easily spotted a cackling Ryder and Cooper next to the now upturned pool float.

I shot them a scowl and turned to find the probable instigator behind their attack. Joey was leaning cockily on the side of the pool, arms outstretched and that shit eating grin on his face as he tried not to laugh.

"You!" I pointed my finger at him with narrowed eyes.

"Me?" He feigned innocence while pointing to himself. "I'm pretty sure it was the boys, I had nothing to do with it."

"Oh, so you didn't plant the idea in their head? Encourage them? Bribe them?" I questioned while swimming right up to him.

"Now why would I do that? You were obviously relaxing, I wouldn't disturb that," he said, wrapping his long arm around my waist and pulling me flush against his body.

"It was all his idea Morgan! He promised to sneak us a beer later if we did it!" Ryder called out, dobbing Joey in.

I laughed, "Promising to give kids alcohol when you aren't of age yourself? That's bold of you!"

Joey scoffed, "Fucking suck ups!" He muttered. "Can't you two keep your mouths shut?"

"Nah, we like Morgan better than you and would rather stay on her good side," Cooper shot back, laughing himself.

I smirked at Joey, "What can I say, I'm loved around here."

"Mmm," he murmured in agreement. "You are, but seeing you in a little bikini all day is doing dirty things to my mind," he whispered in my ear.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, our faces now only inches apart. Looking directly into his eyes, I playfully cocked my head, "Like what?" I asked innocently.

"I can take you inside right now and show you," his voice husky and low in my ear as he pushed his growing hardness against me. "As much as I like seeing you in this bikini, I like you better out of it, so I would strip you naked then run my tongue from here," he licked just below my ear, "All the way down to where I know you like it."

I stifled a moan as I felt my body heat up from more than the sun and I glanced around us, trying to silently remind him that we were very much not alone. I needed to get myself out of this situation and as much as I wanted to exit the pool and drag Joey upstairs to make good on his word, I didn't want his siblings and cousins to know.