When one door closes

"Do we spend too much time together?" I voiced mindlessly, while sitting cross legged on Joey's bed, supposedly studying for finals.

"Excuse me?" He asked, as he swivelled in his desk chair to look at me.

"Like have we become a couple thats lost our own individual identity. Instead of you- Joey," I pointed to him, then to myself. "And me- Morgan, or are we Joey and Morgan?"

"Morgan, what the fuck are you talking about?" He asked, exasperated.

"I just overheard some girls talking in class about a friend of theirs who got into a relationship and they were saying how she isn't even the same person and they can't even talk to her without him always being there," I began rambling. "Then I started thinking about us, and I thought do my friends think that? Do the guys in this house think that? Am I here too much, do they get sick of seeing me? Do you know what I'm saying?"

Joey looked at me with a blank face, then sighed deeply and placed his fingers on his temples.

"What's really going on Morgan?" He asked. 

"I'm serious!!" I exclaimed.

"Why do you care what anyone else thinks? Isn't it only important what you and I think and feel?"

"Well, yes. But I also read this article and there is this quiz in cosmo mag," I started to say, pulling the magazine from my backpack.

"Oh my god," Joey muttered, running his hands down his face.

He got up from the desk and sat on the bed with me as I flipped through the pages of the magazine.

"Ok, lay it on me, what's the verdict?" he sighed.

"Well, I didn't do it yet! I wanted to do it together."

Joey laughed incredulously while shaking his head, then gesturing with hand for me to continue.

"Ok, question one. Do you go out with your friends and let your partner stay home. Yes, that one is easy," I said and he nodded in agreement, humour clear in his eyes.

"Two. You're at a restaurant and your partner needs to go to the bathroom. What do you do?  A, don't even notice. B, let them go- it's the normal thing to do. C, ask them if I can join. D, go with and wait at the door."

"C- ask if I can join, but we won't be using the bathroom for it's intended purpose," Joey wiggles his eyebrows and I roll my eyes.

"Joey!" I whine. "Can't we just do this?"

"Morgan!" He mimicked my tone.

"This is stupid! In my opinion we don't spend enough time together. Between classes, finals and your work we don't have much time, only a few more hours right now because basketball is over. We are still our own people, I have my boys nights, you have girls nights. As for the guys in this house not liking you, that's impossible. Half of them act like you are the whole house girlfriend the way you clean up after them plus you bring leftover cake from work. Now tell me, what is really going on?"

"Nothing. I think I just let other people get in my head."

"Are you sure?" He looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"I've never been in this deep with someone before, I don't know what's right and wrong. I guess sometimes I'm waiting for you to decide your sick of me."

Joey sighed, "Morgan, babe, neither of us have ever been in a serious relationship like this before. We are just doing what we think feels right for us," he said genuinely as he climbed closer to me, pulling the magazine from my hands and throwing it across the room.

Wasn't Expecting Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें