Sandra

The next morning when my alarm went off I felt totally disoriented. My head ached slightly and as soon as I woke properly I remembered the events from the night before.

I remembered his hands on me, the feel of his sloppy kisses and calling out stop only to be ignored. I never even saw what he looked like. I could have a class with him or see him on campus and I wouldn't even know who he was.

Then I remembered Joey. How caring he was, how he stopped anything more from happening. How comfortable I felt in his arms. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, letting myself get involved. He isn't a bad guy and he proved that to me again last night.

My alarm started ringing again, breaking me from any thoughts about last night. I had a shift at The Busy Bean so I had to get up and showered.

I quietly stepped out of bed, Harper was still sleeping soundly on the other side of the room. I gathered my jeans and a loose black and white striped t-shirt. We didn't have a uniform, but neat causal with our apron over the top is acceptable. I usually wore jeans, a t-shirt and my converse.

As I was washing my body, I looked down remembering last night again. I showered when I got home last night, but it wasn't enough to wash the dirty feeling from me. I scrubbed a little harder.

As I brushed my hair and tied it up into a ponytail I noticed some bruises forming on my forearm, bruises in the shape of someone else's fingers. I don't even remember him holding me still hard enough to bruise. I considered changing into a long sleeve top to hide them, instead just hoped no one would notice.

I made my way back to the room, Harper was still asleep, so I quietly gathered my handbag and phone and left. As I made my way out of Locke House I glanced at my phone, feeling a smile appear as I saw I had a text message.

Joey: Good morning, just wanted to check in, hope your doing ok.

It wasn't anything special, but it showed that he thought of me. Whether because he still felt guilty that something happened at their party or if it was more than that, I didn't know.

Morgan: aww, were you thinking about me?

I decided to be a bit cheeky, giving him a taste of his own humour before replying a genuine reply to his thoughtfulness.

Morgan: but in all seriousness, I'm ok. Swing by the busy bean and I'll shout you guys a coffee to say thanks.

I didn't get a reply by the time I got to work and had to put my phone away to start my shift.

It was a slow start to the day. Saturday mornings usually were as most students were hungover and didn't get coffee or brunch until around 10am, which is when we have every table full.

"You ok today hun?" Sandra asked an hour into my shift.

"Yeah, just tired." I smiled at her.

"If you're sure. Usually I can't stop you from chatting my ear off!" She replies, fairly unconvinced by my tired excuse.

"Honestly Sandra. I am ok. Was just an eventful night last night. Have you ordered more of these milkshake flavours? I think this is the last of them," I said trying to get off the topic of me and back onto work.

"Yep, they should be arriving this week. Just so you know, I'm always here to talk if you need," she said, finally dropping the topic as the bell rang indicating some customers had entered.

I couldn't see who it was from where I was cleaning up the cold drink station, but I did see Sandra's face light up and a smirk appear.

"Morgan, do you think you could serve these customers for me please?" She asked too sweetly. I looked at her suspiciously before doing what I was asked.