Halloween

"Halloween is definitely my least favourite holiday," I sighed, whilst looking myself over in the full length mirror.

"You hate all holidays," Ali snapped back.

"That's not true!"

"Ok, name one holiday you actually look forward to," she challenged me.

I glared at her in our reflection. We had decided to dress as sexy army girls for the boys annual Halloween party. I had tried everything to get out of it, but eventually I was persuaded by Joey with the promise of a date night if I came along and actually tried dressing up. The girls took care of the costume side of things for me.

I was wearing low riding camo print, cargo pants with a mid length black crop top. We all had matching hats that were the same print as my pants. Ali was in a short, tight camo print dress and Harper had a skirt in the same material, but a crop the same as mine. I will admit we looked pretty hot, but that didn't mean I liked Halloween.

"Well I don't totally hate Christmas. But most holidays are either about family, which I don't have, or it's about spending money to see who can buy the best gifts. Worse are holidays like Halloween or Valentine's Day, they are just pissing contests for who has the best costume or who spoils their significant other the most, we just do it because everyone else is. I like New Year's Eve though. Does that count?"

"Tell us how you really feel!" Ali rolled her eyes and Harper laughed at our bickering.

"Whatever, you're the one who asked. Let's get this party over with," I grumbled.

"Photo's first! Mom asked me to send her some," Harper insisted.

After we took some photos while enjoying a couple of pre-drinks we gathered our belongings and walked our way across campus.

As usual we could hear the music long before we could see the house. Even I, the Halloween cynic, could admit the boys had done well. There were carved pumpkins lining the walkway. A skeleton in a team guernsey guarding the front door and fake spider webs laced around the front porch.

By the front door stood a cauldron full of wrapped candy. I helped myself to a couple as we walked inside.

My eyes swept around the room as we entered and saw an array of costumes, ranging from the usual cheerleaders, police and naughty nurses to girls wearing nothing more than lingerie.

Guys were generally less creative with their costumes, dressing as footballers or pilots. I was only looking for one in the crowd though. We head towards the kitchen, not missing looks of appreciation as we walked past one group of freshman.

I still couldn't see Joey and didn't know what costume he had chosen, so helped myself to a drink instead.

"Cheers!" Ali, Harper and I clinked our cups together before taking a sip.

As I lowered the cup, I felt hands wrap around my bare waist. I knew instantly they were Joey's, I know his smell instantly and the exact way my body reacts to him before he even speaks.

"I'd recognise this sexy body anywhere," he whispered in my ear before kissing my neck.

I smiled and turned in his arms. He looked me up and down and growled, "I might have to get you a hoodie so no one else gets any ideas."

"Oh hush. They can all look, but only you can touch," I said, not allowing him to say anything else by pushing my lips onto his. He pulled me close, wrapping his arms tight around my body as our kiss deepened. He was already turned on.

"Get a room you two," Ryan called from beside us.

Joey pulled back and looked at me with eyebrows raised, "Let's go?" He asked.