Stay With Me

I thought I was enjoying college the first month I was here. I thought I didn't want nor need a boy in my life, that I was content with bettering myself. With gaining an education to get a good job and make something of myself.

Well I still don't need a boy in my life and I had been enjoying college, but I'm not going to pretend that the last two weeks hadn't been even better than I it had started. Now I wanted a boy in my life, one boy in particular.

We were taking things slow. Still getting to know each other. Respecting that the other had commitments and were dedicated to our education. Most of the time it would be quick lunch dates or he would meet me after work and walk me home. We would watch a movie after working on assignments, cuddle and make out a little. But compared to my last two relationships, we were moving along at snails pace. I was more than ok with it because unlike my last two relationships, I had real feelings for Joey.

Tonight, Harper, Ali and I were going to the boys house. We were all cooking a meal and enjoying a quiet Sunday night.

Harper had been seeing Ethan, which Joey admitted to me he had mixed feelings about. Harper is like a little sister to him, so he wants to protect her. While Ethan is his friend, he knows his history. I told him to relax, what they have appears genuine and if it doesn't work out, it needs to be their business and not his.

Ali wasn't seeing anyone, but she never missed an opportunity for a home cooked meal or a visit to the boys house. She was more than content to flirt her way through college for now.

"Are you sure it's ok I take all of these?" I asked Sandra.

I was closing up at The Busy Bean before I head to the boys house. We had a number of cakes go out of date today with a fresh delivery due in the morning, so instead of throwing them out, Sandra had told me to take them with me for dessert.

"Of course Morgan! We can't sell them and they might as well be eaten by those boys instead of being thrown out. Take them, enjoy them and have a good night. You worked hard today, tell that boy of yours that you deserve a massage tonight," she winked at me.

"I'll tell him Sandra said so!" I laughed.

"I bet he wouldn't miss an opportunity to get his hands on your body. I've seen the way he looks at you," Clay chimed in as he walked from the kitchen.

"Hush you! Don't think I haven't seen all the flirty eyes you get from not just all the women, but the gays too!" I pointed my finger at him.

"What can I say, I'm just irresistible to the entire human race," he said, doing a pretend hair flick.

"Don't you act like you don't receive flirty eyes too miss! I saw at least 3 guys give you their number today alone! You're just too uninterested to notice all the attention. At this stage I'm not sure if it's good or bad for business to have hired two incredibly good looking staff members!" Sandra said, joining us back out the front as we completed last checks before leaving.

"I think we attract the customers. Morgan here has managed to get the whole basketball team hooked on our coffee," Clay said.

"I'm not sure that was my doing, I attracted one and the rest followed!"

"Tomahto tomato," Clay replied.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and picked up my boxes of cakes. It was going to be an awkward walk carrying everything.

"Are you going to be right?" Clay asked.

"I'm a big girl! Thanks again Sandra! Bye Clay," I called out as I walked in the opposite direction to them. They called out their farewells back.