Date Night

"Why are you so nervous? You've been on dates before, right?" Harper asked me as I stood in front of our full length mirror, preparing myself for my date with Joey.

"Actually, no. I haven't, well not like a real date," I admitted.

"One guy took her to a party as their date, but that doesn't count because he got drunk and ditched her. The next one ended up taking her on some group dinner thing that he didn't tell her was a group thing before hand. Then her first boyfriend never really took her out, Lee was a dick like that, they just fucked so I guess it was fitting that he was a dick and had one. Then her summer fling was just that, a fling," Ali summarised my dating life, not even looking up as she sat on my bed painting her nails.

"Wow. I honestly thought guys would have been all about taking you out on dates in high school. You have the pretty, smart, nice girl vibe that usually screams date me, spoil me, treat me like a queen," Harper said, clearly surprised.

"Plus, she actually likes him. So it's different again," Ali continued.

"But he likes her too," Harper countered.

"Ok, if you two are done discussing my love life like I'm not even in the room, I'd like some assistance in which shoes to wear!" I cut them off, modelling a pair of black ankle boots with a medium heel on one foot and simple peep toe pumps on my other.

"Boots, they are cute, dressy but not over the top," Harper assessed.

I looked back into the mirror. I had tight black skinny jeans, a loose silver satin top with a cowl neckline and spaghetti straps with my leather jacket over the top. Ali has loosely curled my hair and we left my make up fairly natural.

"It's not too much black?" I asked.

"Girl, you look hot! Besides, he's seen you just about at your worst more than once, and still wants to date you," Harper confirmed.

"You going to sleep with him?" Ali asked.

"Ali!!" I exclaimed.

"That's my cousin, close enough to be my brother. I don't want to know, and when it does happen, because it will, I forbid you to talk about it in front of me," Harper screwed up her face.

"I don't see the big deal. You're going to screw him eventually, why not just get it out of the way now. Hate to put all the legwork in and then he is shit in bed," Ali said nonchalantly.

"Ok, so no. I have no intentions of sleeping with him tonight. First of all, as already mentioned, I actually like him. Second, I like him because of him. We get along, I'd like to explore that, it's not purely physical. Third, don't they say sex is better when you are with the right person? If he is the right person, when it happens, by that theory it will be amazing," I explained.

"Ew, feelings," Ali screwed up her face now.

I rolled my eyes at her, picking up my bag and putting my lip gloss, keys, money and phone in there just as a knock came on the door.

"You won't need money," Harper called as I walked to the door. I glared at her as I opened the door.

Joey stood there smiling and it was like the wind had been knocked out of me. He looked amazing. Scanning him from head to toe, he had white sneakers, beige chino's and a navy fitted long sleeve shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He smelt amazing and had slightly styled his hair. I was speechless and suddenly nervous all over again. How could someone so damn good looking want to date me.

"Harper's right, you won't need money," he said, clearly looking me up and down too. 

"Oh, um. Ok, sure," I stuttered out.