XXXVII. This is Not Real

I inhale a deep breath through my nostrils only to pick up his musky scent mixed with alcohol, but before I can respond to his open seduction, a voice made its appearance and saved me. "If it isn't Young Winston." I turn to the side to meet a familiar man - Mike Greyson.

Anthony's lip twitches with displeasure before he stands up straight and resumes his original position, granting us a better look before planting a small professionally fake smile on his lips. It wasn't warm or happy. "Mr.Greyson, pleasure," he nods.

Mr.Greyson continued making his way towards us with a long skinny black cane that held gold strips around the edge. "My...You sure had grown." Je laughs, before placing one hand on top of the other, leaning his weight against the cane. "I remember when you were a wee tad."

Anthony chuckled lightly. "You look well." He decides to keep his response short while maintaining a distance, similar to all others.

Mike's eyes met mine, and they crinkled in a sweet-looking mischievous manner, but I saw the devious intentions behind them. "Is this perhaps the young lady I've heard about?"

Anthony glanced at me before saying. "Mr.Greyson, please meet my wife...Angelica Chisai."

Mike's smile widened as a twinkle of curiosity made its appearance. "Chisai? Japanese? Father's side?"

I shook my head. "Mother's side."

"Parental separation?" Mike said, much to my discomfort. Is he really asking someone he just met about their family background?

I keep the smile on my face, despite the sudden grip on Anthony's arm. "Unfortunately, yes."

After some time Mike nod. "Separation can be quite...a tragedy." He sighed before his eyes went towards the center of the room. "Can you believe the young boy?" I look over to see Matthew Greyson slowly dancing with Nina Lun. "Got himself a lover and ignored this old man this whole time," he shakes his head.

"Pardon us, but we need to speak with a few other acquaintances. It is a pleasure to see you again, Mr.Greyson," Anthony said.

"You know-" Mike suddenly said before we could walk away. "Years ago, I also met a woman whose last name is also Chisai." A beating inside my chest occurs. "Such a pretty young darling, unfortunately, she was blinded by love and chose to settle down with a man who is unfit for her."

I bit my inner cheek and forced a smile, then giggled. "Chisai...She may be my relative," I joke.

Mike tilts his head. "Relative or not; let's hope your paths don't end the same."

Anthony's grip tightens around my waist, and I look up at him while his fingers tighten around the glass. "That won't happen. After all-" I rest my head on Anthony's shoulder, "I'm married to one of the best men in the world."

Mike nodded, "He sure is," he said, with a touch of sarcasm in his voice. "I apologize for holding you both."

"Angelica," Anthony said in a stern voice. "Go get some air."

I nod without returning his words and walk out of the building. Soon, two of Anthony's guards appear and follow me from behind. When I saw a balcony, I took a step outside while the other two guarded the door. I rest my elbows against the cold rocks. "Ah...I remember why I dislike these parties now."

"Then, we got something in common," a voice said. My heart leaps a mile.

Immediately, I turned around to see a figure hanging out in the dark corner. "Jesus!" I scream, and the two guards burst inside. They leaped in front of me and held out their guns in defense.