IV. Triplets

Two Years Later
Angelica Chisai: Age 14

"Do you, Sarah Chisai, take Jordan Timberland as your lawfully wedded husband?" The minister states.

I stand there with a bouquet in my hands next to Lily, who's sobbing out a river of tears with her parents. Mom glances at me, and I give her a wink. "I do," she said confidently with a broad smile plastered on her face. Jordan stands there, biting his bottom lips, and takes a loud sniff.

"By the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Jordan dips Mom and plants a kiss on her as everyone hollers. I grip the bouquet, and tears fall. Lily looks at me and sobs louder while hugging me. Lily loves weddings.

"Done. Everything is packed!" I said to myself as I looked at my minimum amount of stuff that took an hour to pack but two months to start.

Jordan said he wanted us to move into his house with him. He says I'm getting my own room, so whoooooopieeee.

When I finish carrying the last box to Jordan's car, Lily is still attached to my hip. "Lily, I'm moving a block away."

Yes, Jordan bought a house a block away from the apartment complex after discovering where we live. To be honest, I thought it was creepy. He said it gives him more excuses to see my mom, plus if things get serious, then I don't have to move away from my friends.

"I-I know b-but I have to w-w-walk a block away," she cries out.

After a good hour of prying off Lily with her parents, I finally settled into the new place.

After dinner, I caught Mom sitting on the backyard patio. "Hey Mom," I said, handing her a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hi, pumpkin," she replies. She grabs the cup and kisses my forehead.

We sat there, silently staring at the decorative Christmas lights in the backyard. I chuckle, "Jordan really outdid himself."

Mom smiles, "Yeah, he did."

Jordan decorated the backyard with Christmas lights, built a treehouse, planted small fruit trees and some flowers, and made a swing set. Precisely the way Mom described her dream backyard.

I rest my head on her shoulder, "Are you, happy Mom?"

She places a hand on my head, stroking it. "Yes, pumpkin. I am. Are you happy?"

"Yes, Mom, I am. How can I not when your husband basically begged me to ask for your hand in marriage." I laugh at the memory.

I remember when Jordan came to my school to pick me up. He took me out for pizza and didn't eat a single slice. He just sat there, with shaky legs and trembling hands as his face got whiter and whiter. I thought he was going to have a stroke.

"Oh, there are my two most favorite ladies in the whole wide world," Jordan sang as he took a seat next to me.

I lift the blanket, offering it to him. He grabs it and wraps it around his legs while releasing a deep breath. "Thank you, both of you," he said, breaking the comfortable silence.

Mom and I glance at each other. "For what?" I asked.

"For giving me this happiness."

I sat there, tightening my lips as I fought the urge to cry.

Damn it, Jordan. Always with those feelings.

It was too late for Mom because I could hear her taking several sniffs along with some whimpering. Jordan wraps his arms around us, causing Mom and me to erupt into a hideous cry. I couldn't see his face, but I could feel water dripping on my head. After our little family bonding, we start talking about random things.