XXXIV. Influential Families

He grabs a slip of paper, "The first family is the Everhart." He explained the family tree. I nod, pretending I'm listening while wondering when I can leave to eat.

"The Everhart runs the fashion industry. It may not seem much on the surface, but they got their hands to dip in nearly every country, which meant they have many relationships with many influential families; hence, they themselves are quite influential - mainly in Asia."

"But, they should be fine, right?" I asked. I don't understand what's the big deal about a fashion family.

"If you call selling a dress at an average price of $10.5 million, not a big deal, then yes, they are not a huge deal." He smiles while my eyes widen.

"It's not only fashion, but they also got their hands in arts and jewelry. Currently, they have the largest diamond in the world, along with the majority of the priceless arts that aren't owned by museums."

I'm still stunned.

"The largest problem with the Everhart is their connection to many groups of people, which also includes gangs such as the yakuza and triads."

I gasped, "What?"

"You should know the owners of the Everhart family." He ignores my constant gasps and takes out a photo. "Liam Everhart and Vivian Blanc."

I grab the photos and scan them to see two individuals, each holding a baby. "Liam Everhart is a Chinese-Korean descendant from China, whose family owned the largest pharmaceutical company there until his grandmother moved to America and wed an Everhart. While Vivian Blanc who isn't as wealthy as him is from a well-off family, who is also in the fashion industry, mainly in South America, they got together through an arranged marriage."

I place the picture down. "They still do that?"

Drew gave me a look.

I chuckle anxiously. "Right." I got married through a contract too.

Drew clears his throat. "Next-" he places out another photo, "is the Laghari family who owns the majority of the oil and vehicle industry. The Laghari is run by Mauricio Suhanisa Laghari, who is married to Princess Amalia Scalia-Fernandez, who recently gave birth to Prince Ahmend Suhanisa Scalia-Fernandez Laghair."

"Woah...Wait...Princess?" I place a finger in the air to stop Drew from speaking so I can intake the information. "Hold up...What's their son's name again?"

"They aren't a problem since they have no connections with the underworld, unlike the Everharts," he ignores me, and I scowl lowly.

"Next-" he ignores me once more. "is the Acharya family who runs the largest pharmaceutical companies. They-" he pauses, "are yet to become a problem."

My brows furrow, "What do you mean?"

"Currently, the Acharya family isn't involved in the selling of illegal drugs, but Anthony expects them to do it in the future."

"Why would he expect that?"

Drew stares at me for a very long time. "You're Anthony's wife, right?"

"That's why I checked married on the paperwork."

He ran his hands through his hair. "Then, you will know eventually. We expect to trade with the Acharya family in the future. We don't expect them to just trade in drugs, but arms."

"I thought-" I pause, remembering all the mafia movies I watched. "You all make your own drugs?" I question, ignoring the arms part because I am not ready for it.

Drew nods, "We do, but there are specific drugs we cannot make - ones that require special ingredients or formulas."

"Why would that be a problem?" I ponder.