XXIII. Clean Slate

"Plus, I didn't go crazy on you when you decided to marry a guy you met a few days ago."

"Darn it. You make a good point," I mumble. I crossed my arms and glared at both of them. Pietro let out an uncomfortable cough.

"I think I'm going to go to the kitchen to get some food," he mumbles, avoiding my vicious scowl. Pietro leans down towards Lily for a kiss but quickly goes against it. He settled with an awkward head pat and walked out.

I release a deep breath. "What exactly happened?" I ask, taking a seat on her bed. It feels like a mistake to sit here, considering what I have witnessed.

She sat beside me, "After you passed out, Anthony took you to his bedroom." I was going to say something, but she held up a hand to halt me. She blushes, "I told him to give you to me, but he mentions something on the line about getting Pietro to strip me naked and let him stare at me all day."

How creepy.

"I mean, I don't mind," she mumbles.

How extra creepy.

Lily clears her throat, "So, after that, he told me he wants to take care of you and that he won't hurt you. I was scared, Ann, but everyone promised that you would be fine. Plus, I saw the pile of guns on the table and got pretty scared."

I wasn't pretty scared. I was straight out, frightened.

I wiped it, urging her to continue, "So after Anthony took you away, I went back to my bedroom. When I finished preparing to go to sleep, Pietro was knocking at my room. I told him to go away, I really did!" she spoke defensively, and inhaled a deep breath. "But, he told me he wouldn't leave and that he would wait for me in front of the bedroom door until I spoke to him. Of course, I slammed the door on his face."

"Then?" I asked.

"Around 3 a.m., I opened the door, and Pietro was leaning against the wall, sleeping, waiting for me," she mumbles, pouring out her lower lips.

I bite my tongue to hold back the awww, but it slips out anyway. "Awwww." I place a hand on my chest, unable to hold back the romantic beast inside of me.

"That's what I thought too!" Lily shouts, throwing both hands midway. She clears her throat, "So, I let him in since he was so persistent." She chuckles, "It was so awkward, Ann, since the first hour, we just stood there, staring at each other's feet. Then-" she chews on her lower lips, fingers fiddling with one another.

"Then?" I ask slowly, waving my hand in a circular motion.

"We started making out," she said quickly, but not fast enough for me to not catch what spilled out her lips. She holds up two hands defensively. "I know what you're thinking. I probably should've talked to Pietro instead of swapping saliva with him for hours, but my God. Ann, you should've seen him. He looked just like a lost puppy begging me to hold him," she said, placing her face in her hands.

"I'm not proud of how weak I am, too," she grumbles.

I pat her back, "It's fine."

"It is?" she questioned, face twisting in confusion.

I nod, "Confession? I made out with Anthony this morning, too," I said, causing her to release an exaggerated gasp. "But in my defense, I thought the whole mafia thing was a dream or more precisely a nightmare," I said quickly before she could say anything.

We sat there staring at each other, "So, how about we forget what both of us did this morning?" Lily suggests.

"Clean slate," I declare.

She holds my hands, "Yes! Clean slate. We will not let those very hot serial killers get to us again."

I smack my hand on top of hers. "Definitely."