XX. Minnie Mouse

I clench my fists tightly, as a surge of fire burst inside of me. "Of course, I looked back. You're my husband. I'm your wife. I was worried about becoming a widow on the first night of my wedding!" I shriek, causing his eyes to widen, indicating that not a lot of people had yelled at him before in his life.

"Of course, I have nothing to worry about anymore! After all, you-" I stop and glance at the boys who are staring at us.

I clear my throat and take a step back. "Francesco, can you- wait, what am I saying, Lils can you take the boys back upstairs." The guards are blocking all of the exits. "I don't think we are going anywhere," I said bitterly, staring at Anthony, who was grinding his teeth, attempting to calm down.

"We aren't?" David said happily, shimmery eyes gazing at me.

I nod, "Why don't you boys change and head to bed."

"Yay! We're staying!" they all screamed.

Everyone's mood lifted, except for mine. 

Quickly, one by one, they rush upstairs, dragging their heavy luggage. I watch as Bruce tripped on the stairs, but instantly jumped up. "I'm okay!" he shouts, following David and Kevin.

"We're staying!" They all cheer in happiness.

Clark tugs on Anthony's pants. Anthony kneels on one knee in front of him. "Yes?" he questions.

Clark chews on his lower lips, large brown eyes gazing up from his shoes to Anthony. "Bug Bwother stay wid us?" he whispers, and it shoots all of us in the heart.

Anthony cocks a brow, "Were you crying?"

Clark shakes his head, wiping all the tears off. "No! I'm a man! Men don't cry!" He straightened out his back.

I cover my mouth, attempting not to fail Anthony's act. I must admit, for the past week, Anthony had been a good older brother. Not just him, but Francesco, Pietro, and even Antonio.

I remember catching Francesco sitting on the couch with the boys watching superhero movies and pretending to be the villain so they would attack him. Pietro would teach them how to cook and work out, and in much despair, how to catch a woman's heart. I even caught Antonio taking his time to educate the boys on proper Italian and having an in-depth conversation with them. I wouldn't say discussing why it's better to pee standing up rather than sitting down deep, but whatever.

The most precious moment was when I caught Anthony reading a nighttime story to the boys before they went to bed. There is something about a man who can nurture children that gets me all hot and bothered. Afterward, Anthony choked me with his tongue out on the balcony for hours. Even if he was using it as a way to get into my pants, it was definitely working.

Now, after this night, I'm pretty sure he will physically choke me if he is pissed off.

"Big brother is not going anywhere," he whispers, ruffling Clark's hair. Clark gave him a large toothy-grinned and ran in for a hug. I fight the urge to cry when Anthony wraps his arms around Clark. After that heart-melting moment, Clark rushes back into the bedroom, getting ready for bed.

Lily and Pietro walk upstairs behind Clark, and I notice how Pietro holds onto Lily's finger. Note to self, force answers out of Lily.

Anthony faces me, and I wipe the tears from the edge of my eyes. "Go change. We have some things to discuss."

I head upstairs, but Anthony grabs my wrist. He turns me around, facing him. "Please, let me explain everything cuore mio," he whispers, a hand reaching for my cheek, but I turn my face away.