XXXV. Nasty Note

There was another long trace of silence, and I could hear the cars rushing in front of us as well as a dog barking before getting scowled by its owner. It must be from a neighbor nearby. Drew held the suitcase in front of him as he sat on the armrest and crossed his legs. "Killing someone is like sex. The first time, you have no idea what you're doing, but do it enough time, you become an expert. In a sense, it's exhilarating, but it ends much too soon. Hence, it's parallel to sex."

I raise a hand. "I got a problem."

"What?"

My cheeks grew red. "How does having sex feel?"

Drew stares at me for what seems to be the longest time. "W-Wait...Y-You mean...You and Anthony haven't-" he clasps his hands together.

I shake my head, rubbing a hand against my arm feeling quite uncomfortable. I can't believe I'm discussing sexual relations with someone I met not too long ago. "He...umm...He is waiting for me to be ready."

Out of nowhere, Drew burst out laughing causing me to flinch slightly. He slaps a hand against his thigh as his head tilts back. "Oh God, you must be special!" he sighs before a small smile makes its appearance. "He must be truly smitten with you," Drew mumbles before standing. "Do me a favor, Angelica."

"What is it?"

"Take care of Anthony," he said before walking towards the front door.

"Can I ask you something else, Drew?"

He turns around. "What is it?"

I stand up, playing with the hem of my shirt. "Is this how you want to be remembered?"

While he stands there, still staring at me with emotionless features. I'm quite sure Drew understands what I meant. He smiles, a truly sad one. "I don't want to be remembered."

"Why not?"

"Because being remembered means you're dead."

After Drew left, I prepared for the party. Pushing the spaghetti straps over my shoulders, I take a spin in front of the mirror. "Bellissimo," the man who helps me with my makeup and hair said while blowing me a kiss with his fingertips.

I smile, running the manicured fingernails down the peach dress. "Grazie," I can't help but fawn over the dress, feeling as if it was a bit too sexy for me.

He places his hands on my shoulders, before tucking a small curl strand of hair back. "Once Mr.Winston sees you, he will surely fall in love all over again."

"How can I fall in love when I'm already in love?" an unexpected voice made its appearance, and I turned around to see Anthony. The man walks in with a neatly pressed suit, the kind you only see on high-priced lawyers and gangsters. He takes in the people with a single sweep, and everyone bows in respect before leaving the room.

I glance at my phone, "I thought you wouldn't come back for another hour."

Anthony walks towards me, and I swallow as his eyes roam towards the curve of my breasts before it reverts to me. He grabs the coat hanging on the side and wraps it around my shoulders. "Business was done early," he said plainly while pulling the cloth closer to him, causing me to stumble.

He tilts his head. "Perhaps, it's not a good idea to go to the party."

"We flew all the way to New York for the party?" I said uncertainly, wondering why he would change his mind.

"Yes, but that was before I realized how much attention my wife would be receiving." He ran his thumb across my cheek, "Maybe I should tell them to re-do your makeup."