XIX. The Realization

Francesco pushes my rigid body into the car. I sit there, staring at the black road as he turns on the engine. I can hear gunshots in the background, but my mind is still replaying the scenario from earlier.

Sitting inside the car, I replayed my whole life. Growing up, I was a spoiled little brat who didn't know the value of money, since my father was pretty wealthy. Then, he turned out to be a cheating lying bastard. Thank God, Mom left and took me with her. Some women would have bitten the bullet and stayed because of the luxurious life, but not my mom.

Then, I met my grandparents, who are better grandparents than those from my father's side, despite knowing them for only a short amount of time. They attempt to communicate and teach me the difference between wants and needs.

It's a shame they passed soon after, but Mom and I got Jordan. A man who is indeed both a great husband and father. Together, they brought the best gifts into the world, the triplets - Bruce, Clark, and David.

Not only that, but I got Lily, her parents, and Kevin. We join together to make one big happy family. We all struggled, but we were genuinely pleased with our lives. That happiness was soon lost when our parents went to Heaven, but I know they are watching over us.

Then, over a week ago, I met the man who changed my life, Anthony. At first, I thought he was a crazy psychotic man who wanted to kidnap me and sell me to a foreign country. But, I was soon proven wrong when he gave me a chance to breathe again. Yes, I could always deny it and stay in America waitressing in those awful high heels ten to twelve hours a day. But, who can deny such a fantastic opportunity, mainly when he isn't forcing any sexual activity?

So, one week later, we got married, and he killed a man right in front of me two hours after I agreed to be his wife. It's official; I have the worst wedding in history. I married a man who kills without blinking an eye.

Fuck, I knew it was too good to be true - married a mature, wealthy, handsome, sweet man with a bangable body, and he happened to be a serial killer.

I start playing with the diamonds on my dress. How ignorant of me to believe that life is taking a break on my downfall, allowing a man who set fire to my lungs and down my panties into my life.

I hate to admit this, but there was a small part of me who began to like Anthony, with his gorgeous electric blues shimmering whenever he looked at me. How he dresses with absolute class and the confidence he has is alluring.

When he stands there, at the end of the aisle, looking at me as if I'm the most beautiful woman in the world, my heart won't stop beating. And when he shows me that genuine smile, it grabs my lungs and erupts, emptying all the doubts lingering inside my mind. That moment, Anthony had cast a spell on me, inside my heart.

Now, all that was gone the second I saw him take out the gun and shoot it right into a man's head.

After some driving, I remember something important. I snap my head towards Francesco. "Where is Lily and my brothers?"

"Loo-"

I wave my hands towards my face, "Oh God, don't tell me! They are still back there?"

"An-"

"Turn back! Turn back!" I shrieked. I grabbed the wheel and it swerved into the other lane. The car behind us honked loudly and switched to a different path. I can hear honks on my side. I turn towards the driver, and he flips me off. I am not in a good mood. I rolled down the window and returned it to him. "Well, fuck you too!"

Generally, I'm not an irrational, rude hothead. Working in customer services, having CPS and parents breathing behind my neck. I learned how to build up high patience and bite my tongue until it bleeds - but not tonight.