XI. Be Aggressive

My nose itches, I want to pick inside it.

But I can't. That would be ill-mannered.

I continue sitting there, my non-cooperative nose keeps itching, eyes glued on the pure white carpet, avoiding the deadly glare from the 5′2 blonde female across the room.

I never thought I would have the luxury to be in a private jet with mom's divorce, but here I am, sitting inside one - that is a lot bigger and more expensive-looking than the one I was in when I was younger.

Lily sits there, legs and arms crossed as she shakes her head with a disapproving look.

***

Unlocking the door, Lily rushed towards me, analyzing my body. "Where were you? I was so worried!" she screamed, shaking me frantically.

I whack her hands off, "A man proposed to me."

Her arms swayed on the side of her body, and she took a few blinks, "What?"

I shut the room and threw my bag on the counter. "I'm engaged." I went to the fridge to get water. Cracking it open, I took a sip and leaned on the counter. Knowing I can't finish, I grab four small cups and pour them evenly. "Who wants soda?" I shouted, and the boys ran out of their room.

I kissed each one and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. When I finished, I walked back to the living room, seeing Lily standing precisely where I left her.

"What?" She finally responded.

"How many times do I have to repeat it? I'm en-"

"I know what you are saying! Who is it?" She waved her arms around like a maniac.

I patted the water from my hair with a towel. "Remember the guy you met at the hospital?"

She narrowed her eyes and looked up towards the ceiling. "That older but very sexy-looking guy who kissed you?"

"Yup, he proposed to me."

"Why in the fu-" She glanced at the boys who were watching tv. "Why in the fudge would you say yes?"

I stood there, tapping a finger on the counter. "Because I fell in love with Anthony," I lied straight through my teeth.

She turned up the TV volume, ensuring the boys wouldn't hear our conversation. "Are you fuuuuuudging joking with me? He is like old - bangable but old - and you two barely knew each other!"

"Love holds no time, and he is in his early thirties." I knocked my knuckles on the wooden counter.

"Ann-"

"Lily, I never felt this way before with any man! He makes me feel things." That is not a lie, I never felt such complex emotions toward any other man, and he does make me feel certain things.

"A-Are you a virgin?"

***

Finally, looking up, the boys were still gazing at Anthony, mouths wide open. Clark and David's saliva rolls off of the side of their mouths. They didn't say or do anything, just stare at him. He sits there, ignoring them, but I can tell he is quite annoyed.