XXXIV. A Little Saucy

I know what he is doing; he is trying to distract me from the unpleasant event earlier. I must say it is working.

Steadily, I lift my head, and at that moment, I regret my actions. Before I could understand how I was able to openly flirt with Anthony despite all his guards surrounding us, his lip was pressed against mine.

I wrap my arms around his neck and accept his embracement. Whenever Anthony kisses me, the cruel world seemingly doesn't matter. His kisses are always slow and soft, comforting in ways that words can never be. His hand rests on my jaw, his thumb caressing my cheek, our breaths mingled. I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us.

Soon, our kiss took a turn into a passionate one as he pressed me down the car. A moan of pleasure left my throat as he ran his tongue up my neck. I love it when he does that. "Oh...Anthooony."

Anthony grasps his hands beneath my thighs and lifts me. He throws me into the back of the car. I groan slightly before prompting myself up with my elbows. Anthony stands outside as his eyes examine every inch of my body. Even in a dress, I could feel myself fully exposed to him. He smiles widely, like the devil he is before entering the car.

I can tell, the driver wasn't comfortable with the ride.

I'm sorry, driver. I'll ask Anthony to give you a raise.

Resting my head against the couch, I stare out at the massive glass window wondering how mom would feel if she found out that man married the other woman. I curl myself into a ball with the blanket wrapped around me as I turn on my phone. I scroll down until I see a video. Hitting on the screen with my finger, I watched as the video began playing. It's the first video made ever since Dad entered our lives.

***

"Pumpkin, put that phone down!" Mom screamed while fixing her hair in the side mirror.

"But, this is your first date in a very long time. I need to record this just in case my children don't believe old people like you d-" she threw a pillow at me, causing me to burst out laughing.

Mom walked towards me and spun around once in her beautiful blue dress. "How do I look?"

"Like you're trying way too hard."

She threw another pillow at me.

I laugh again, "Gorgeous! My mother is the most beautiful woman in the world!" I started buttering her up.

She pretended to be angry but smiled. Mom walked back and forth. "Pumpkin, do you think I'm doing the right thing? If you're uncomfortable, I can cancel the date."

"Mom, Jordan is nice, and if he is willing to see you in the morning without your makeup. He's a keep-" another pillow on the face.

The bell rang, and Mom dashed back inside the bedroom. I rolled off the floor and walked towards the front door. I opened the door; it revealed a sweaty look Jordan who was wearing a three-piece suit.

"Please, don't tell me you've been in front of our place for the last hour."

His eyes widen. "How did you know?"

"I was joking."

After a long pause, I fake laugh to break the tension, and Jordan follows along.

***

"What are you watching?" I glance up to see Anthony bending over without a shirt. I swallow, seeing the light droplets of water rolling down his scarred body layer with tattoos. Anthony noticed me checking him out, but he didn't comment.