XI. Hating the Rival

Least to say, I'm not welcome by anyone downstairs. So, I decided to stay upstairs despite the constant hunger.

I'm used to it.

Probably from being fed up with the people downstairs.

A knock on the door caught my attention, and I looked up. Rolling out of bed, my eyes met with Gabriella. She's in her usual tight clothes that shower every inch of her fantastic body with love. Sometimes, I think I'm slowly transitioning into a bisexual woman.

She smiles, "May I enter?"

I take a step back to make room for her. "Okay," I said, and she stepped in. My luggage is wide open inside the closet, and I couldn't be happier that I closed the door earlier. I don't want her to witness my avalanche of bras and underwear.

Glancing downward, I held a sigh of distress, realizing I was still in my cotton bunny pajamas and another one of Anthony's shirts. She turns around and takes a few blinks. "Nice shirt," she said. It didn't take much for me to know that she knew that the shirt belonged to Anthony.

"Thank you," I said, as we made our way towards the couches. Yes, there are couches in the bedroom. The life of the wealthy is quite glamorous. There is even a couch inside the closet. "How can I help you?"

"I want to apologize for my younger brother earlier. He is still quite naive."

I stay quiet, cautiously choosing my words. "I can relate. I have four brothers." In all things logical, Gabriella hasn't necessarily done anything to me. So, why try to start a fire when there's no fuel between us?

She smiles, and I realize that's all she does the majority of the time. There are rarely any emotions on her face other than contentment. "I am happy to meet you. I've heard of you from Anthony."

They are still talking - the discomfort roars inside my stomach.

She laughs, "Not like that, though," she said softly. "Merely as friends...cousins."

I tilt my head, playing stupid as if this was the first time I've heard that they are related. The information still shocks me. Cousins. They are cousins.

"You must be shocked to hear that," she said, and I nodded, "I bet you think it's disgusting."

"No," I said slowly "Of course not. I cannot be one to judge others...traditions," I wonder if I am choosing the right words. The thought of marrying my cousins, if I had any - probably do - doesn't settle well with me. But, it's their lives, they can do whatever they choose.

"I'm glad you're open-minded about this Angelica. Many others would find it quite appalling," she said, crossing a single leg above the other. "I'm going to speak the truth. Since you aren't judging my family, I will not label yours. Many people are saying things about you."

I stay quiet, hearing the light sound of chirping outside the window. I wonder what Anthony is hearing right now.

"The information they told me isn't quite pleasing. However, I know Anthony," she smiles softly every time she mentions his name. That was it, I know it. That's the face of a woman in love. "He is not the type of man that can be fooled easily. He chooses you because he truly wants you."

"And how do you feel about that?" I ask.

"It does not matter how I feel."

"I believe that's not true," I said, swaying my legs to the side. The tip of my slippers touched the floor. "Your emotions matter too."

"Would you like the truth?"

I nod, "Yes."

"I love Anthony."