XLVIII. Broccoli

"Let's throw them a party," Lily said.

"You want to throw the mafia...a party." I attempt to digest her thinking process.

She shrugs before throwing herself on the bed. "I mean...why not?"

I sat beside her and glanced upward. The guys had been kind to us ever since we had been here. They offer the best education for everyone. The best clothes. The best...everything.

A party wouldn't be bad and a way to express our appreciation. I tried to help around the house, but the maids and butlers always rejected my offer saying how they could never allow Mrs.Maranzano to get on her hands and knees.

Well...Mr.Marazano would.

My face grows red, and I try to cool it by putting my hands on my cheeks. What in the world am I thinking and where did I get the boldness to do such a thing on our honeymoon? I couldn't stop thinking about how we would lay in bed, fully exposed while touching each other. We still didn't go the whole way, but it was a memorable night.

By the time I'm out of my delusions, I realize Lily is staring at me. "You were thinking of something naughty," she grins. "Tell me what it is! Tell me his size!"

My face grew hotter, and I fanned it to cool down, "Wh-What are you talking about?!"

She sat upward. "I'll tell you Pietro's size."

I shudder. "I don't want to know his size."

"Why? My baby isn't attractive enough for you?"

I looked at her, who still held a playful yet teasing face. Placing a hand on her face, I push it back down causing a loud oomph from her. I bounce up. "Should we go shopping then?"

She nods, placing a finger in the air with her back still on the bed. "Let's use our money so they won't get suspicious."

My mouth drop - well what do you know...she can use her brain.

"I know you're mentally insulting me," she rolls off the bed and leaps upward, "And I do not appreciate that." She positioned both fists against her waist.

Heading towards the car, we silently threaten the driver and guards to keep everything a secret. Since we aren't doing anything too out of hand, they agree not to inform any of the guys as long as we take them with us wherever we go. Heading towards the store, we stroll around and purchase party items. "Don't you think it's too childish for us to buy them balloons?" Lily ask.

I stare at the bag of colorful balloons in my hands. "But, a party isn't a party without balloons."

We stand there, staring at the aisle of party items. "Maybe we should just hire them a few strippers and call it an appreciation day."

We look at each other and chuckle lowly. "Nah." We said at the same time and threw more balloons inside the cart.

After we brought some party items, we stood in the food section wondering what we should make for them. Considering how they grew up with three stars restaurant, it can be challenging to make good food for them.

"I make great spaghetti-o. Do you think they will like that?"

I half-heartedly glance at her, "We're in Italy."

"I make great American spaghetti-o," she thought by adding the word American it means everything will change.

"How about-" I smack my lips, "Some sushi?"

She gasps exaggeratedly, "You want to make one of their mortal enemy food?"

"Seriously? Are we seriously doing this?" I ask. "And since you've forgotten I'm half Japanese. I love sushi."