XLIV. Ocean Rich

I adjust the large floppy brown hat when the plane lands. Anthony takes a step out and holds out his hand for me. I smile, placing my hand on top of his. My eyes maneuver around us to see an endless amount of greens, and I can see the shore not too far off.

We got into a car and began heading towards our destination. I roll down the window to focus on the scenery instead of the man beside me.

The sky and the water seem to fuse into one at the ocean; a charming scene. It's much hotter than New York causing me to sweat through my peach color dress. Soon, we reached our destination, and my heart couldn't help but beat once I saw the endless amount of huts. A man made his appearance and aided us towards our own.

My eyes widen hearing a loud moan from one of the huts. "Oh! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

The man coughs lightly. "Your hut will be a bit farther where it is quieter," he said, while I stared at the ground unable to look into Anthony's eyes.

The hut had the look of a private plan enterprise. The walls of planks were brilliant, allowing streams of sunlight to shine through the shelter at the location. It wasn't particularly large; instead, there was a single spacious bed and a bathroom.

"If you need anything, we are merely a phone call away," the man said, gesturing towards the phone. "And our 24-hour service number is on the nightstand. Would you like a tour?"

Anthony looks at me, and I shake my head. There isn't much to tour around here. "We will call you if we need anything," he said, and the man excused himself.

I began exploring the hut to see a clean bathroom, and that's mostly it. I would say the best thing about it would be our view. On the outside, there is a small balcony allowing two chairs to settle. The water is gentle, clean, and soft, with barely any wind to push it.

Anthony walks towards me and wraps his arms around my waist, causing me to jump slightly. "Oh, you scared me," I chuckle anxiously, placing my hands on the railing.

I can feel his smile on my neck. "If you don't like this, we can change into a hotel," he suggests.

"No, this is nice," I respond.

"Want to take a walk?" I nod, and he grabs my hand. We walk out of the hut and onto the wooden boards. Once we reached the beach, I noticed there weren't many people. Once in a while, we would see another couple, but that was it. I know Anthony's guards are nearby despite not seeing them.

I stop walking, seeing the pale tones of rose-pink guava. I had the most considerable urge to take a whiff of its scent, but I knew it would be too weird. Glancing over, I noticed Anthony was staring into the distance, so I quickly smelled the guava.

"What are you doing?" Busted.

"I'm...smelling the guava." It sounds worse outside of my mind.

"Why?"

"To see if it's ready to eat."

He takes a few blinks. "Is it ready?" he said in his usual serious tone.

I look at the guava again and smell it once more. "I think it needs a few days."

Anthony grabs the guava and then tears it off causing me to gasp dramatically. I'm not quite sure why I did it, but I already did it. He takes a bite of the fruit without cleaning it. "What are you doing?" I ask, almost horrified by his actions.

"Eating it."

"But it's not ready," and you practically stole the guava.

"Mio cuore, guavas are best to consume a few days before its ripe time while it's hard and crunchy." He takes another bite. "And I didn't steal it." He read my mind once more.